“Great start to our Honeymoon!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andersen Hotel

Save Saved
You added Andersen Hotel to your Saves list
Andersen Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Helgolandsgade | Copenhagen V, Copenhagen 1653, Denmark (Formerly Selandia Hotel) (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Wine Hour
Ranked #5 of 118 hotels in Copenhagen
Merritt Island, Florida
“Great start to our Honeymoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My new wife and I went on a European cruise to celebrate our honeymoon and our adventure started here. The service was outstanding, the room was cozy and modern, and the location was prime. The hotel is within walking distance from Tivoli Gardens, which is a very unique and fun amusement park. We were given a complimentary bottle of wine when we said we were honeymooners and the front desk clerk was always ready to help us navigate the city.

The breakfast was very good ( plenty of options, not like a lot of half effort hotel attempts at a breakfast) and was an experience in itself. Americans will definitely have fun trying to figure out what is what. My wife and I absolutely loved the decor, which was contemporary with a clever mix of bright colors. Heads up for those who have never been to a hotel in Copenhagen, they are very green and there isn't any AC in many of the hotels, however, the rooms stayed cool and windows were almost always open. We found it very interesting that the room key served as a master power key as well. Once you get into the room, nothing will turn on until you put the room key into a slot in the wall. Pretty cool. If we ever head back to Copenhagen we will definitely be revisiting the Anderson

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
First of all, Congratulations on your Honeymoon. Hopefully the rest of the trip was a good as your stay in Copenhagen.

Designers Guild is famous for the use of bright and fresh colors and we hope the colors make our guests happy, positive and cheerful. And hopefully it will add to the total accommodation experience.

Copenhagen will be Green Capitol next year and we are excited to take part. We have recently been awarded with the Green Key certificate, hence we constantly try to accommodate the environment. The clever key card system safes energy as no unnecessary light is left on.

We appreciate your recommendation and hope you will celebrate all future anniversaries with us

679 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed one night here in September and were very pleased. Knowing the area I asked for a room at the back and we got one at the end of a corridor, facing the inner courtyard of the block, so noise was at a minimum. The room was spotless, airy and felt fresh. The whole place is recently done up and in an excellent state. The bathroom was also nice and clean. We slept very well after a lovely evening in wonderful Copenhagen. The buffet breakfast was truly one of the best I've had at a hotel in this price range.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank for a perfect review.

It is always pleasant to receive positive feedback and good to hear how you liked your stay.

The complimentary breakfast is a cold buffet with a variety of bread, cheese, yoghurt etc.

We aim towards offering the best service in Copenhagen and we trust we lived up to your expectations.

Please come and stay at Andersen Boutique Hotel again
Joliette, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here the evening before our cruise on August 29th and had read pretty good reviews overall, except for the occasional person saying how noisy it can get. Well we have traveled a lot and figured what is a little noise, people tend to overdo it.. Well was I WRONG..knowing this, I did ask the reception if I was able to get a room in the back explaining that we have not slept in 24 hrs and were familiar with the comments made about the noise facing the front rooms. The 2 ladies at the reception looked at each other and said something in danish which I did not understand and told me there were no more places and assured me that the noise was not that bad. So we checked into our very tiny room located on the front. Disappointed with the size of the room but we figured it was for one night and it had a bed. We walked out for a beautiful long walk had a wonderful supper and then got back to the room at about 9:00 p.m. We were beat since we had not slept in 24 hrs. At this point there were people yelling on the streets but we figured at one point it will stop. Well 10:00 p.m. got around and the noise just got louder and louder. At 2:00 a.m. still not sleeping. At about 3:30 a.m. a brawl breaks out in front of the hotel. Once that was over I think we fell asleep at around 6:00 a.m. SOME quietness, so we thought, but oh no, there is construction going on in front of the hotel. Now I know that is completely out of the hotel's control but they were well aware of this instead of telling us that the noise was not that bad. As for location it is good, walking from the train station, not far from Tivoli and shops. Breakfast was outstanding, a wide choice of food.

Room Tip: Do not and I repeat do not take a room in the front.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for a valuable review.

I am truly sorry to read how horrible the noise was during your stay. The road construction work has been extremely noisy and unfortunately the work began at 7:00 am on the worst mornings. The workers do not work Saturday and Sunday. It is planned to be done by Christmas.

The street noise is regrettable and we work continuously with the police to keep the area calm and quiet. The street and night life has finally quieted down.

Our rooms facing the courtyard are more quiet and we have earplugs if this is a wish.

We hope to welcome you back when the street renovation is ready.
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here before a cruise Sept 18, 2013. The room was upgraded without even asking to a Jr. suite. Very reasonable price. Beautiful lobby with a cozy bar for coffee/tea. Delightful, colorful and spotless breakfast room as well.. The desk clerks went out of their way to give us restaurant tips, get taxis and tickets for Tivoli Gardens, which is in walking distance. the breakfast the next morning was a full ,very large spread. We were most happy how well they accommodated my daughter who has food allergies. the cook came out and made sure everything was gluten free. Very helpful, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Even front room was quiet with construction going on..never heard a thing!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
kn1653cph, Owner at Andersen Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for a fantastic review.

Sounds like you and your daughter had a wonderful time in Andersen Hotel and Copenhagen.

Amazing Jr. Suite is our largest room type and many believe it is good value for money. Some have a bathtub and others a stand alone shower.

We want our Lobby Lounge to be a pleasant and relaxed place. There is free wi-fi, board games, international magazines and plenty of beverages to choose from. And great company from my lovely, friendly and helpful collegues.

If we know about allergies or special needs we are happy to do our utmost to cater accordingly

We hoep to welcome you back next time you are in Copenhagen
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a delightful stay at the Andersen Hotel. The location is perfect - the train from the airport stops at the Central Station, and the hotel is a very short walk from the station. Check-in was a pleasure. Sean welcomed us and gave us great advice about the many good restaurants in the area. Our room was comfortable and well outfitted. I think it was recently re-done - everything was very fresh looking, with lots of fun touches. Good breakfast, too. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for your review.

It sounds like yo had a wonderful time and took advantage of our knowledgeable and helpfull staff. We all love and know our City and the secrets that comes with being a local Copenhagener.

You are always welcome to contact us beforehand to ask for suggestions, recommendations and reservations.

We look forward to welcome you back
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived late at night to the cab driver telling us to watch our bags as this was a 'bad neighbourhood'. In fact, it was fine, there were a few strip clubs near the hotel, but at no point did I feel unsafe or threatened at all. The hotel is about 2 minutes from central station, so is very well located. Rooms are clean and decked out nicely (one side of the double bed is soft and the other hard, so there is something for everyone!). As we arrived late there was no food available (pop up restaurant isn't every night), but we managed to get food from the 7 Eleven around the corner - worth bearing in mind if you are a late arrival to eat before you get to the hotel or check the restaurant is open that night. The reception staff are very helpful printing out various train times so we would make our meetings on time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013

We appreciate feedback and aim towards doing our utmost to offer an excellent service and experience to our guests.

It was a surprise to read the taxi drivers comments on Vesterbro. We do comments on the area, one that is often repeated is how safe our guests feel, including female travellers. You might meet a drunk or a homeless in Istedgade, honestly I feel more sorry than afraid of them.

The neighborhood offers everything from designer shops, to galleries and the Meatpacking Area's restaurants. The newest is "KUL" (coal) and already very popular among the local hipsters.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I summarized the experience to my friends as an expensive hostel. The front desk staff was very helpful but the good experience ends there. There was only one english channel on the TV (BBC World). There were no phones or clocks in the rooms. I couldn't call my travel companion staying there in another room, we had to email each other. I stayed three nights and my room was not cleaned once. I was out with a YES on my door from 9-1 on the first day, returned for 20 minutes and took off the YES, only to find a bag of towels on my door when leaving again. The next day I was out from 9 to 3:30 with a YES on my door. I came back and took it off and 15 minutes later there was a bag of towels on my door. No kettles or other amenities. My room was freezing. I paid for a brilliant Double and luckily stayed alone as you could not get out of the other side of the bed. The rooms were very expensive given what we got. I was very disappointed. There was construction outside my window (outside the hotel's control obviously) which looks long term and is very noisy early in the morning. The other room was a Single Brilliant. The bathroom was like that on a cruise ship. Shower pretty much over the toilet and they give you a brush to take the water off the floor you want to stand on and push it down the drain in the floor. Wow! I still can't believe that one. The rooms cost around $300US per night. Definitely expecting more for that, even in Europel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your points and personal experiences.

First of all, I like to apologize for the Housekeeping issues. We will look into this matter with our Housekeeping Manager.

As previously written our guests are always welcome to contact the Front Desk for any matter small or big. As the rooms vary in size, decor and view we are more than happy to find a suitable room for any individual needs or requests. But it is much easier if we know about an issue before or during your stay.

The rooms do not have telephones, hence we borrow mobiles to borrow for free at the front desk.

The rooms do not have kettles as we serve excellent tea and specialty coffee for a reasonable price in our lobby lounge.

Been to Andersen Hotel? Share your experiences!