“Average hotel with good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Scandic Webers

Save Saved
You added Scandic Webers to your Saves list
Scandic Webers
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   VesterbroGade 11 B, Copenhagen 1620, Denmark (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)   |
Ranked #40 of 116 hotels in Copenhagen
Stockholm, Sweden
“Average hotel with good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Didnt expect too much and I was proven right. Hotel has a central location and that is really its biggest plus. Its definately not a 4 star hotel but max three. It needs an refurbishment and updating. It claims to have Copenhagens best breakfast! Its actually way below eaverage ven normal Scandic standards. Reception was understaffed with a single overloaded staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Checker2,

Thanks for taking the time writing about your experience and I am sad to see that you have not been completely satisfied.

I am not sure from where you have read that we claim to have Copenhagens best breakfast as this is a claim that we by no means stand behind. We serve the standard Scandic breakfast that under normal circumstances is of a good and high standard, so I will have a look to see what might have gone wrong at the period of your stay.

The same goes for the reception as we normally always are 2 people at work, but of course some times there is assistance needed elsewhere and then they can be alone for a little while. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Hope that you despite all had a pleasant Copenhagen visit.

286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here for a couple of days & was very pleased we chose this hotel. The location is excellent as its only a couple of minutes walk from the central train station. The room was fairly basic but was decorated well & the bed was very comfy. Me & a friend shared a twin room & although not huge it was a good enough size that we didn't feel like we were getting in each others way. The bathroom was small but really nice & clean with a good shower for both temperature & pressure.

The only couple of downsides were that at the side of my twin bed there was no bedside table & the fan stayed on all the time in the bathroom.

The staff at reception were extremely welcoming & helpful. The breakfast which was included in our room price was an excellent buffet style breakfast with a large number of choices.

All in all I would definitely recommend the Scandic Webers if you're staying in Copenhagen & would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Vickir23,

Thank you very much for taking the time writing this very kind review.

Really glad that you liked our location and found our rooms nice. I have noted your comment about the bed side table and the bathroom ventilation I will have a look at that.

Nice that the front desk team greeted you welcoming and helpful and that you liked the breakfast.

Thanks for choosing us and welcome back!

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Older Hotel in the center og Copenhagen a minute from Tivoli and the railway station
Rooms are old but well maintained, its clean. The bed should have been better but this is a 3 Star Hotel so its acceptable standard. Internett access works but a login required each time you turn on the phone is really annoying . The breakfast is good and the staff super friendly
Good value for one night business stay or weekend stay

• Stayed January 2013
Dear mobiletraveller64,

Thank you so much for your review. Really glad that you enjoyed the team and our breakfast an found us being value for money.

I am also happy to announce that we shortly will launch a new login solution to our WiFi so that you don’t need to re login in each time you want to use the internet. The solution should be available at the end of march.

Armenia, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've been staying at most Scandic's in Copenhagen, but first time at Webers, and the hotel looks really nice from outside.

After entering the door it is another story.. It looks like "a cheap inn" looking at the reception and snack area to right or bar at left.

At check-in I was told that my company rate was for a single 90cm bed. I told the girl that it probably was not for a single bed, since I could choose between 2 beds or one bed for the same rate. She insisted, and told me she had a good room to sell.. I bought an "upgrade" for a good room and a 120cm bed. Later when looking at my reservation it was for a 120cm bed. I didn't bother to go back.

Opening the door, and walking first to bathroom, my first sight was hairs in the sink, and an "unflushed toilet". NOT what you want to see as a guest. Room was REALLY basic, and clinic. Also all hair/wash products in bathroom smelled like Scandic "90's old-style, cheap ones" (weakly perfumed).

At room 310 I heard sounds and "furniture dragging" all night. Seems that the rooms are not really isolated (of course it is an old hotel, but compared to e.g. Scandic Palace there does not seem to be any isolation in this one). During my 4-nigths stay I had one night of "magic silence".

As a frequent scandic guest, I got 400DKK to spend. But I had a hard time finding anything to actually spend it on. Since the restaurant is not serving food, there is no mini-bar the only spending possibility is on water, soft-drinks, smoothies and sandwiches in the mini-shop.

I tried spending some money on the pay-TV, but the picture frooze every 5 seconds. I called the reception and got the most obvious answer "-then it must something wrong, can't do anything". Repeatedly I got these answers during the stay; no, nothing I know (e.g. asking for a tailor). At other hotels, personnel actually look things up.

They withdrew the money for the pay-tv on my bill, but I handed in unused 300 DKK 3rd floor coupons since there was nothing to use them on anyway.

Other "small things" such as the broken remote-control, flickering picture (on any channel), marks on floor, furniture, witness about a pretty run-down place.

Breakfast was simple even for being scandic breakfast..

Still, one good thing; Location ! .. If you plan to be out all night, and will overcome sleeping in furniture dragging location, and don't worry about amenities it is ideal, given they have a good-price deal.

Right next to hotel is a pretty nice Indian / Kebab place, with really ok indian food, also running sushi places x 2 and mongolian bbq nearby.

I would say I'd put the money from my own pocket if price was down about 200DKK and "just needing" a place for the night while checking out the local nightlife. Don't see me spending any business nights here again. Given they charge the same from our business as e.g. Scandic Front in Nyhavn, I would definitely say the "we'll fix attitude" and amenities are far better on Front.

Room Tip: Probably high floor to avoid the dragging in rooms above.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear mikeswe

Thanks for taking time giving us feedback on your stay and let me apologize for a stay that does not live up to expectations neither yours or ours.

All points mentioned will be dealt with let me assure you that and please feel fre to write an e-mail to use with your name and address so I can send you a small compensation in form of a gift card for a night stay at any Scandic of your choice. webers@scandic.com

My apologies

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here on a British Airways package for 4 nights early January...very friendly welcome from the staff on reception - we requested a quiet room and were given one several floors up facing the inner courtyard - peaceful! The room itself was spotless, plenty of storage space, comfortable beds - bathroom clean, a little dated but a generous size. Breakfasts were delicious - so much choice and all very fresh. Great selection of newspapers to read and the breakfast staff were again very friendly and welcoming. Location is just along from the main station and if you come out the side entrance you save yourself a 5 min walk, however, if coming out the front entrance of the station you will see Anderson's across the road - this you must visit for a delicious pastry or two and good coffee!

Room Tip: Ask for room higher up than 1st and facing into inner courtyard
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Virginia M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences from your recent stay with us.

We are happy to read that you had great stay and good interaction with our team. Hope to see you again some time in the future. I also completely have to agree about Andersons bakery, delicious :)

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I recently stayed in a 1 person room, which though not large, was big enough. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast very good. Great location-very close to the main railway station and the town hall square. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Kirsty H,

Thank you very much for your kind review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and would come again.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at the Scandic Webers for two nights on a trip to Copenhagen primarily to visit Tivoli at Christmas. The hotel is well located. It is less than 5 minutes walk from both Central Station and Tivoli. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic but adequate; very similar to what you would get in a Travel Lodge or Holiday Inn Express although breakfast was better. Free WiFi is available and is a real plus as is the fact that the bedroom windows could be opened. I had a room facing the courtyard and had no issues with noise. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the main shopping street. Ideal to use as a base if in Copenhagen for a couple of days on a city break.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear JEM62,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences from your stay with us.

Glad that you had a good stay and that the team where friendly and able to help.

Johan Åséll

Been to Scandic Webers? Share your experiences!