“Not anything i would recommend, unless you are out all night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Scandic Webers

You added Scandic Webers to your Saves list
Scandic Webers
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vesterbrogade 11 B, Copenhagen 1620, Denmark (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)   |
Ranked #41 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Armenia, Colombia
“Not anything i would recommend, unless you are out all night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've been staying at most Scandic's in Copenhagen, but first time at Webers, and the hotel looks really nice from outside.

After entering the door it is another story.. It looks like "a cheap inn" looking at the reception and snack area to right or bar at left.

At check-in I was told that my company rate was for a single 90cm bed. I told the girl that it probably was not for a single bed, since I could choose between 2 beds or one bed for the same rate. She insisted, and told me she had a good room to sell.. I bought an "upgrade" for a good room and a 120cm bed. Later when looking at my reservation it was for a 120cm bed. I didn't bother to go back.

Opening the door, and walking first to bathroom, my first sight was hairs in the sink, and an "unflushed toilet". NOT what you want to see as a guest. Room was REALLY basic, and clinic. Also all hair/wash products in bathroom smelled like Scandic "90's old-style, cheap ones" (weakly perfumed).

At room 310 I heard sounds and "furniture dragging" all night. Seems that the rooms are not really isolated (of course it is an old hotel, but compared to e.g. Scandic Palace there does not seem to be any isolation in this one). During my 4-nigths stay I had one night of "magic silence".

As a frequent scandic guest, I got 400DKK to spend. But I had a hard time finding anything to actually spend it on. Since the restaurant is not serving food, there is no mini-bar the only spending possibility is on water, soft-drinks, smoothies and sandwiches in the mini-shop.

I tried spending some money on the pay-TV, but the picture frooze every 5 seconds. I called the reception and got the most obvious answer "-then it must something wrong, can't do anything". Repeatedly I got these answers during the stay; no, nothing I know (e.g. asking for a tailor). At other hotels, personnel actually look things up.

They withdrew the money for the pay-tv on my bill, but I handed in unused 300 DKK 3rd floor coupons since there was nothing to use them on anyway.

Other "small things" such as the broken remote-control, flickering picture (on any channel), marks on floor, furniture, witness about a pretty run-down place.

Breakfast was simple even for being scandic breakfast..

Still, one good thing; Location ! .. If you plan to be out all night, and will overcome sleeping in furniture dragging location, and don't worry about amenities it is ideal, given they have a good-price deal.

Right next to hotel is a pretty nice Indian / Kebab place, with really ok indian food, also running sushi places x 2 and mongolian bbq nearby.

I would say I'd put the money from my own pocket if price was down about 200DKK and "just needing" a place for the night while checking out the local nightlife. Don't see me spending any business nights here again. Given they charge the same from our business as e.g. Scandic Front in Nyhavn, I would definitely say the "we'll fix attitude" and amenities are far better on Front.

Room Tip: Probably high floor to avoid the dragging in rooms above.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear mikeswe

Thanks for taking time giving us feedback on your stay and let me apologize for a stay that does not live up to expectations neither yours or ours.

All points mentioned will be dealt with let me assure you that and please feel fre to write an e-mail to use with your name and address so I can send you a small compensation in form of a gift card for a night stay at any Scandic of your choice. webers@scandic.com

My apologies

Johan Åséll

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here on a British Airways package for 4 nights early January...very friendly welcome from the staff on reception - we requested a quiet room and were given one several floors up facing the inner courtyard - peaceful! The room itself was spotless, plenty of storage space, comfortable beds - bathroom clean, a little dated but a generous size. Breakfasts were delicious - so much choice and all very fresh. Great selection of newspapers to read and the breakfast staff were again very friendly and welcoming. Location is just along from the main station and if you come out the side entrance you save yourself a 5 min walk, however, if coming out the front entrance of the station you will see Anderson's across the road - this you must visit for a delicious pastry or two and good coffee!

Room Tip: Ask for room higher up than 1st and facing into inner courtyard
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Virginia M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences from your recent stay with us.

We are happy to read that you had great stay and good interaction with our team. Hope to see you again some time in the future. I also completely have to agree about Andersons bakery, delicious :)

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I recently stayed in a 1 person room, which though not large, was big enough. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast very good. Great location-very close to the main railway station and the town hall square. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Kirsty H,

Thank you very much for your kind review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and would come again.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at the Scandic Webers for two nights on a trip to Copenhagen primarily to visit Tivoli at Christmas. The hotel is well located. It is less than 5 minutes walk from both Central Station and Tivoli. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic but adequate; very similar to what you would get in a Travel Lodge or Holiday Inn Express although breakfast was better. Free WiFi is available and is a real plus as is the fact that the bedroom windows could be opened. I had a room facing the courtyard and had no issues with noise. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the main shopping street. Ideal to use as a base if in Copenhagen for a couple of days on a city break.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear JEM62,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences from your stay with us.

Glad that you had a good stay and that the team where friendly and able to help.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for only 2 nights and we really enjoyed it. It was clean and nice. Had a double room with a cot put in for no extra charge which we really appreciated. It is close to everything you want to do with your family such as the tivoli. The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had so many healthy selections. The whole family really enjoyed it. Everything at this hotel gets a very good mark from our family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear eeeevtx,

Thank you for taking the time writing this kind review.

We are glad that you and the family enjoyed the stay and appreciated the breakfast buffet.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great Location, right in the centre near all of the attractions, they assisted me brilliantly with the "lost credit card" problem I had. Great bars and restaurants a short stroll away as is Tivoli.

Greeat staff and clean rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear DrBudgie,

Thank you so much for your very kind review, we are so happy that you hade a good stay and that we where able to help with the problems of your credit card.

Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel was located a short walk from the main train station. It was easy to ride the train to and from the airport when staying at this hotel. There were many decent restaurants in the neighborhood. The breakfast in the hotel was quite good though not elaborate. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was easy to get to many local attractions. The taxi ride to the cruise port was about 20 minutes for =< US$20. We stayed at this hotel pre- and post- cruise. The hair dryer in the first room did not work and the air conditioner in the second room malfunctioned.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors and those facing the internal courtyard were more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear kiaradado,

Thank you very much for reviewing us and giving valuable feedback.

I will look in to the matter of the malfunctioning hair dryer and the a/c as they definitely should be working.

Glad you found the team friendly and helpful, also hope that you had a wonderful cruise.

Johan Åséll

Been to Scandic Webers? Share your experiences!