“Convenient and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scandic Webers

You added Scandic Webers to your Saves list
Scandic Webers
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vesterbrogade 11 B, Copenhagen 1620, Denmark (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)   |
Ranked #47 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Melbourne
“Convenient and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Reasonably priced hotel in great location 5 mins walk from central city attractions. Comfortable rooms and generous breakfast included in cost of room. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Our room faced into central courtyard and was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Travelqueen57,

Thank you very much for the kind review, really glad that you liked the team and found them both friendly and helpful.

Johan Åséll

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for four nights whilst on a city break. The Hotel was perfectly located and the journey from airport to hotel room was very smoothe.

The receptionist was polite and delt with us very efficiently. The breakfast Is this hotel's best feature there was a buffet with a wide selection of cured meats, cheese and bread there was also bacon and scrambled egg on offer which were both delicious. The breakfast was the icing on the cake and just what we needed to start a long day sightseeing.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Chineseche,

I’m very happy that you took the time to write about your visit and its great to see you have enjoyed yourselfs in Copenhagen and that you found our breakfast great.

Farmington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

While the room was basic it was tidy but in need of updating. Breakfast was outstanding with a variety of organic fruits and grains. Parking is 1 1/2 blocks away but it was walking distance to Tivoli, pedestrian zone and lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear 103JonS,

Thanks for taking the time sharing your experiences during your stay, very appreciated.

Comanche
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

What a great location! This hotel is close to everything! It is only about one-block away from the train station, Hard Rock Cafe, Tivoli Gardens, and the point the hop-on-hop-off buses depart from. A Lidl grocery is about two-blocks away so you can stock up on inexpensive snacks, beverages, and sandwich preparation items.
The breakfast buffet was delightful; scrambled eggs and breakfast meat every morning with all types of pastries, breads, fresh fruits, yougurts, cereals, and of course continental items such as meats, cheeses, etc.
The room was small but adequate and the air conditioning worked well, which was good because I was on the street side and it would have been a little noisy with the windows open.
The staff was very nice and helpful.
I would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear TexasT67,

Thank you very much for this very kind review, we are happy to see that you had a nice stay with us!

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My friend and I been stayed with few Scandic hotels during our Scandinavian cities tour. CPH were the last cities and this is the only Scandic hotel we felt very unpleasant during the first day we arrive CPH.

We been stayed for 3 nights, arrived on 05/09/2012 10pm+ with 2 big baggages. It was a gentleman (a room guest behind us) help to open the main door for us :) Although we arrived the front desk earlier than the gentlemen, we don't mind the senior staff (a 60Yrs+ old gentleman) at the front desk decided to serve the gentleman at first and signaled us to wait beside the counter.

Pros:
1- Great Location, very convenient.
2- Nice breakfast, and staff are happy to replenish even we are a bit late for breakfast.
3- Clean and comfort room.

Cons
1. Small elevator and small space in front the waiting area for elevator.
2. Small lobby and seats are limited.

Unpleasant Experience:
1- After the senior staff passed the key to the gentleman, he start his long chatting (8mins++ maybe longer, I believe the computer system can traced) with the gentleman with their language, but I can understand little "beer... pub..." etc.

2- When finally he free to look at us, his friendliness also gone at that time.

3- We shown our booking voucher, without look into detail his gave us a Smoking Room and ONE guess name.

4- He refused to update my friend's Schandic Frequent Guest Membership number. He argued with us the voucher was not clear. He also mentioned that adding my friend's name is not necessary and it is not possible in their computer system.

5- He also refused to show out our voucher when I want to point for him our reservation is for 2 Adults with "Non-Smoking Room".

6- He instructed us to "STOP!" more than twice and not even bother to listen or look at us. We aren't kids and don't think we are problematic or tricky room guest.

7- We smelled strong alcohol at that area but we are not sure whether it is from him.

Both of us having nasal allergy and I have no choice but increase my volume (normally we wouldn't do that) to "fight" for at least Non-Smoking Room. At the end we able to get a non-smoking room at Level "S". A young lady staff lead us into the elevator and shown the way to our room (she saw two of us struggling in front the elevator and discuss whether to go back the front desk for another unpleasant attend). The next morning, another friendly staff at the front desk help us to resolve guest name and membership issues immediate and without any problem.

We would like to express our sincere thanks and appreciation to those kind assistance and help during our stay. However, if the reservation wasn't made by our tour agent and it wasn't late at night, I would prefer to go for other hotel at that time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear PWei ,

I’m glad that you are willing to share your experiences of the hotel with me and Tripadvisor.

I understand that this must have been very frustrating for you to receive that kind of welcome and please allow me to apologize as we should be here to help and not to obstruct and make things complicated.

Glad that the rest of your encounters with the team was in a completely different manner and just the way we want it to be. I will make sure to follow up on this so others wont have similar experiences.

Happy that you liked our breakfast and found the location to be perfect.

kind regards
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a decent place by Copenhagen standards. It is a converted old building like many others so the rooms are a bit small. However they are clean and modern and up to Scandic standards.

Bathroom was small (and did not have heated floors!) and the shower was not separated so water gets everywhere, but drains fairly quickly. The water never really got very hot though, good enough for a comfortable shower but not enough for some I would imagine.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
DearShri I,

Thank you very much for taking the time writing this review and by that also helping us to improve and learn from our valuble guests.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The hotel is well located just a few minutes walk from Central Station. A few people have mentioned the red light district. I didn't find it much of a problem, there were two 'gentlemans' clubs around the corner, but the Vesterbro is being revamped and I don't think it's as big a problem as it may have been in the past.

Rooms are small. En-suites, tiny. It's what I'd imagine a cabin to be like on a cross channel ferry. I was in a room on 4th floor overlooking the courtyard. Someone on two of the three nights I stayed there decided throwing out used bottles and moving bins around in the courtyard at gone midnight was a good idea; it wasn't. The lift is also small, and very slow. On a few occasions I used the stairs as I got bored waiting for the lift. However, the staff were friendly and very helpful, rooms clean, and the location is close to the Tivoli Gardens, Central Station and the Tourist Information offices. Breakfast was ok, with a variety of breads, fruit, cereals and pastries.

All in all, not bad, and extremely convenient for transfer to/from the airport, but I think if I returned to Copenhagen I would try elsewhere first.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor, and ideally a room on the side road, rather than main road to the front.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear socal_soul,

Thank you very much for taking the time writing this review sharing your thoughts of Webers and neighborhood.

Johan Åséll

Been to Scandic Webers? Share your experiences!