“Very good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 118 hotels in Copenhagen
Newcastle
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Having just come back from a 3 night stay at Hotel 27 I was a bit surprised to read some of the negative reviews, as I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. My room was spacious (though I did have a twin to myself) with two large beds and new modern furniture and fittings. It faced the back of the hotel and I wasn't at all troubled by noise (although the town hall clock bells are audible if you're a light sleeper).
The bathroom was also spacious, clean and well finished with a slate effect floor and glass shower cubicle.
Bed linen and towels were fresh and luxurious.
I had breakfast included and this was a buffet of good quality and plentiful, though the breakfast room (which doubles as a wine bar in the evenings) could get crowded at peak times. Furnishings there are a modern Scandinavian mix of rustic and Ikea-style that I found pleasant (though I could have lived without the ubiquitous photo of the woman with her dress over her head)
Wifi is free throughout the hotel, with the login routinely provided with the key card. I had no problems getting connected.
On the slightly negative side I did find the room (and the breakfast room) a bit overheated, but this did seem to be true of indoors Copenhagen generally. Heating is from radiators and I didn't find any means of turning them down.
I'd certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you think you might be troubled by noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

1,106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at First Hotel Twentyseven in late October. When I arrived, there was no one at reception and I had to go to the bar to ask for someone. A receptionist casually came over to book me in, and although it was probably not their intention, it felt like I was being an inconvenience to them. The lounge/bar/restaurant areas were nice, and the room was basic, which I don't mind, but what bothered me was the soiled armchair next to the bed that I had to face while sleeping. The curtains and wall corners were chipped and blackened. When I stay at a hotel, I expect the furnishing standards to be acceptable, but I felt like this time I would rather be in my own home. However, the hotel was very closely located to the main shopping area and restaurants. I'm giving it three stars because it wasn't an entirely bad experience, but I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tiptree, Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was one night on a business trip to Copenhagen. The room - albeit a single - was very compact and I struggled to get into the shower area. The breakfast area may be classed as "funky" or "trendy" but for me felt like a boarding school food hall or a student halls. The food though was very good and fresh.
Location was good for the centre area.
Overall though I would have preferred a more traditional hotel with room service etc.
sorry.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Decent hotel with a great location. Would recommend it. Good breakfast. Close to Stroget and other tourist areas. Nice service at the front desk. Quite small rooms but ok standard. Decent bar and restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012
Wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Ice Bar, Wine Room and Honey Ryder Cocktail bar was what drew me to this hotel and I wasn't disappointed. The Ice Bar was a great novelty on a holiday and very accommodating even though it wasn't much cooler than outside! The train station is a short walk away and a 15 min journey to the airport. Tivoli Gardens is just at the end of the road and we were spoilt for choice for bars and restaurants in the vicinity...we actually went to a few on the same road. The hotel rooms are clean and comfortable but quite small however, I'm finding this to be a standard these days. The only downside was that were seemed to be a lot of noise in the area. The town hall bells going every hour etc so if you're a light sleeper then you might struggle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I have read many reviews about this hotel some bad and some good. The truth is that the hotel is centrally located, it is completely reniewed, fancy, breakfast is excellent! And in general I was satisfied about the quality/cost ratio. If I will come back I will certally look at this hotel. Reccommended!

• Stayed December 2012
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

What do you need for a City Centre break? A hotel that is a short walk from the station. A warm welcome from reception. A room that is comfortable and reasonably equipped. A hltel that is in the heart of the City but in a reasonably quiet side street. An excellent breakfast. Friendly staff.
Secure luggage retention. This hotel provides all of these things and is sufficiently different to remind yourself that you are in Denmark and not the anonymous space that could be in any City. I have to say that, having read previous reviews, I tried to be disturbed at night, insulted by the staff, confused by the luggage system and overall disappointed but the hotel failed to deliver on any of these points. Copenhagen during Advent is an enchanting City and this hotel is an excellent base from which to experience it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Martin K, General Manager at First Hotel Twentyseven, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review!

On behalf of First Hotel 27 and all our employees - I thank you for taking time to send this nice feedback.

Indeed I am happy you did try all aspects of the service, and got a good service and experience in all corners of the house :-)

We hope to be able to welcome you back some time again soon!!!

Very best

Martin P. Kraunsøe

Been to First Hotel Twentyseven? Share your experiences!