If our hotel stay went as planned this would be a 4 start review. However... we arrived in the early afternoon after a red eye flight from NY and went to check in and was told the hotel was overbooked and we can stay at their "comparable" sister hotel First Hotel G & Suites close by. Upon hearing this news I advised them that where they are sending us is rated #70 hotel in Copenhagen, as opposed to our booked hotel having a #24 rating. The woman at reception tried to accommodate us by offering free taxi service and then free breakfast. At this point we just wanted to rest after our journey so we got in the cab and went to their sister hotel. It was only a 5 minute ride, but right away we can see a huge difference from the boutique hotel we originally booked. This one is a plain no frills hotel, our room was kind of dusty, there was screws in the wall where something used to be hung, and plenty of cigarette butts outside our window. They said our room was bigger than it would have been at the First Hotel Mayfair, however size down not make up for quality.
They gave us the option to switch back to the First Hotel Mayfair which we definitely did as it is closer to the train station, and we had an early morning departure. They originally said they would take care of all the taxi transportation, but when we switched back the girl stated she had no knowledge of this and it is really close. After about a 10-15 minute walk with our luggage and wasting more time we checked into the First hotel Mayfair. Reception had no knowledge about the free breakfast, however she gave us the vouchers no problem, she was quite friendly. When we got to the room, it was smaller but very cute, which is what we paid for.
Overall I felt with the huge inconvenience they caused they deserve this rating. They should have offered us a refund for the first night, as we did not get what we paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First Hotel Mayfair is a Boutique Hotel, with an individual style and personal attitude. The Hotel sets new standard for design, personal service and unique hotel experience. Located in the heart of Copenhagen's Soho city center and just a few meters from Tivoli, Stroget and the Town Hall Square, First Hotel Mayfair is an ideal place for a visit to Copenhagen, whether for business or pleasure. The hotel also has a boardroom and meeting facilities for a maximum of 16 people, so book your next meeting at First Hotel Mayfair. We are pleased to welcome you to First Hotel Mayfair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and getaroom.com so you can book your First Hotel Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Mayfair
- Clarion Collection Copenhagen
- Clarion Copenhagen
- Clarion Collection Hotel Mayfair