“Friendly and Helpful Staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scandic Front

You added Scandic Front to your Saves list
Scandic Front
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sankt AnnAe Plads 21, Copenhagen 1250, Denmark (Indre By)   |
Ranked #72 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Belgium
“Friendly and Helpful Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

What stands out from my one-night stay here is how friendly and HELPFUL the staff is! Everyone else has said it all re the great location but I want to reiterate how nice it is to be in a hotel with such professional staff. I liked it that they have a small corner where one can get drinks, fruits, salads and sandwiches since one doesn't always feel like trekking out for a bite. There's also a mini- mini-market across the street if you want a bit (but not that much) more of a variety. The room was just so-so. Someone said the carpet bothered them and I also didn't like the shaggy carpet since these are indeed breeding ground for germs. I was disappointed to find out they didn't have rooms with bathtubs until I used their shower. It's a rain shower but not the wimpy kind that dribbles - it was full-powered and great. I also liked the fact that this hotel is so environmentally-friendly. The trash bin lets you sort your waste, and there are dispensers in the bathroom for soap, shampoo and lotion so no wasteful little plastic containers or itsy-bitsy bar soaps that get thrown away after a day's use. Close to Nyhaver, but It's still a bit of a hike to the nearest metro and train station if you're feeling tired (around 10 mins brisk walk).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Front, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear BrusselsSprouter,

Thank you for your kind review and magnificent feedback to our team members.

Our carpets is often up to debate so when time comes for renovation we will have some serious consideration to be done here.

Thanks again and kind regards
Johan Åséll

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Turkish first
La Ceiba, Atlantida, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Scandic front is comfortable, with friendly staff and a great location. Just a block to nyharver, walking distance to downtown Copenhagen and subway and train stations. Great breakfast, pleasant bar.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear John D,

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate it very much!

Guernsey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for the long Easter weekend. I've stayed before with work so knew that the hotel was in a good place for Nyhavn and exploring the city. Overall I have to say we were very pleased. Room was very comfortable and well appointed, though a l little small. However, much more comfortable than many other hotels I've stayed in across the Nordic countries! Hotel facilities are very good with a really nice bar / restaurant area.

Breakfast was included and offered a good mix of food. Very busy over the weekend though so it was a bit tricky to get a seat each morning and the food tended to run out fairly quickly, though was regularly refilled. The fresh oranges and juice machine are a really nice touch and a good way to start the day! Free wifi throughout the hotel helped too in terms of planning the day!

Really convenient to explore Copenhagen from here. If I had one frustration it was that a couple of times we got back in at just after 11pm and fancied a nightcap in the hotel bar, but on both occasions we were told the bar was shut. Seems odd for a city centre hotel over the weekend, especially given that we were guests at the hotel.

Overall though, a really nice hotel and a great spot near the water to explore the city from. I'll definitely stay here again on future visits.

Stayed April 2012
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Front, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Motmas,

Thanks for your kind review, I througly appriciate all the feed-back given and am happy that you had a good stay. Will look in to the Bar opening hours for the weekends thanks for pointing that out!

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Spending around 200 nights per year at hotels (mainly business but also some leisure travel) I have a pretty clear view on which hotel chains I like and which ones I am less fond of. Traveling for business I am however not always free to choose where to stay so I was not a 100% delighted when I realized I would be staying at a Scandic hotel. The location is however good and since I was only staying one night I thought it would be ok.

The location is within walking distance of the metro/subway station Nyhavn so coming from the airport it is a quick 15 min ride on the subway. So arriving at the airport do not take the train to the Copenhagen central station as it is not at all convenient. Walking from the Nyhavn subway station is around 5 minutes so it is no problem - I was however here in the cold month of February so it was not an all together pleasant walk. The area is rather nice to be in so works fine for tourists and business travelers alike.

Check-in procedure was quick and efficient with a smile as well. The elevators are pretty small but there are at least three elevators so were no problems there either. I had a room on the 5th floor. The room itself was fairly small but still had what I needed (the only thing I was missing was an ironing board and an iron - could of course be that it is available upon request but I did not really need one). I liked the design of the room, it had a the 'clean' Scandinavian feel to it but it also went it darker colors than normal so it did have a fresh feel to it. The room also had a partial view of the water - could have been nice in summer or spring time.

There was of course also TV (decent selection of both international channels and domestic ones) and as always at Scandic free WiFi.

The breakfast at this Scandic was actually much better than in many others I have stayed in. When I think about it there were just some minor difference which also shows how easy it is to make it a little bit better. They offered fresh orange juice (not that made from concentrate thing that is undrinkable) and they had a slightly better selection of hot food (pancakes, some meatballs etc.) and everything looked fresh and in order.

All together a positive surprise and I would not at all mind staying here again (and at the price paid it was also excellent value for Copenhagen).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear thesaint01,

Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted and happy that you enjoyed staying with us.
We should have iron and ironing boards in all our rooms I will let the team check up on that.
Glad you liked the breakfast and found value in staying with us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Decent hotel. Decent rooms. Although some of them are small size.
Very good location near the Nyhaven.
Close to metro and most sight seeings are walking distance.
But make sure you get the rooms at the front, facing the harbor.
Lot of activities around the hotel in the evenings.
Only negative is, its expensive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Front, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear arabianstallion,

Thanks for taking the time writing your review!

Our single rooms are not the largest in size but all our rooms from queen size and up are spacy and comfy, and you are right the harbour side rooms have a beautiful view!

Happy you find our location so good, our best rates can be found in the off seasons or by booking early!

Sheffield UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 day trip to Copenhagen, where we stayed at the Scandic front. our room was beautifully decorated, very cool and "boutique" in style with mies van de rhoe Barcelona chairs in the room and an enormous and very comfy bed. The breakfast is buffet style and is really excellent, lots of choice and plenty of it! We found the service to be really very good, very pleasant staff, always smiling and willing to help. The location of the hotel is fantastic, right on the keyside, next to the Admiral hotel, we would return here in a shot. A word of warning, the drinks from the bar are extremely expensive!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Front, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear rich_and_nicole,

Thank you very much for the kind review! Nice that you liked our "style" and found the breakfast rich and our team members helpful.
I will have a look at the bar prices!

Sao Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights. Good and warm room, great shower and excellent location made it a good overall experience. Also the breakfast is a plus.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Jonass,

Thanks for your very fine review, glad you liked staying with us!

Johan Åséll

Been to Scandic Front? Share your experiences!