“Excellent Accommodations and Value” 5 of 5 stars

Phoenix Copenhagen
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bredgade 37, Copenhagen 1260, Denmark (Indre By)   |
Ranked #37 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Leawood, Kansas
“Excellent Accommodations and Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We enjoyed the Phoenix Hotel in Copenhagen. It is in an excellent and makes walking to many sites in Copenhagen very pleasant. The reception staff was very helpful both arriving and leaving the hotel. The breakfast buffet had a large variety of food that would satisfy any dietary needs. The room was clean and cozy. Loved the duvet and comfortable bed. This is a great hotel for families, couples, and business travelers. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: People with accessibility issues may need to notify the staff. Even using the lift there were a cou...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JulieHeinen, General Manager at Phoenix Copenhagen, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear traveller,

Thank you for your warm recommendations. We are glad to read that you had a perfect family stay at Phoenix Copenhagen this month.

We hope to welcome you again as a guest at Phoenix Copenhagen in the nearest future.

Julie Heinen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

A great stay with kind personnel and clean facilities, and very close to the centre of Copenhagen. I used the hotels booking system, and also the check-in, check-out and payment parts went smooth. I can highly recommend this hotel, if you need to be close to "everything" and in a comfortable atmosphere!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear traveller,

Thank you for your warm recommendations. We are glad to hear that you found Phoenix Copenhagen perfect for your visit this month. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Phoenix Copenhagen in the nearest future.

Barrington, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was a bit concerned about this property prior to arrival based on reviews on this site. I was pleasantly surprised with my experience at the hotel. First of all, I loved the location of this hotel. It was close to tourist sites, restaurants, etc. It was only a 5 minute walk to the Metro and cabs were also readily available. More importantly, all staff I dealt with at the hotel were very friendly and accomodating. The customer service was outstanding.

I thought the breakfast buffet was good eventhough it was tucked away in the basement. I'm not a big fan of buffets but the variety was good and the quality was decent.

The property is older and can use some renovation. I would not stay here if you prefer modern convention hotels. However, the room I had was clean and contained everything I needed. The bathroom could've used some updating.

I stayed for 2 nights on business and I was very satisfied. I would stay here again when visiting Copenhagen.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JulieHeinen, General Manager at Phoenix Copenhagen, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of your stay in October this year. We are proud to read that you experienced a high level of service at Phoenix Copenhagen and you found our breakfast buffet good and our down town location perfect for your stay.
We are looking forward to welcome you at Phoenix Copenhagen on your next visit to Copenhagen.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Probably a nice hotel onece upon a time, and it still has some style, but the age shows. Clearly in need of a technical makeover. Most important problem is the lack of heating in the bathroom. Also, combining the restaurant and the bar in one rather small room, makes dining a noisy affair.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

JulieHeinen, General Manager at Phoenix Copenhagen, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all we would thank you for reviewing Phoenix Copenhagen after staying with us last month. We are sorry to hear that the stay did not live up to your expectations. Regarding the heating in your room, we hope that you were helped by our maintenance staff and offered another room when this was unable to fix on the spot.

We will definitely look into the issues you mentioned and do our utmost to correct the problems. Thank you for the feedback and we hope to have the possibility to welcome you again at Phoenix Copenhagen.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here on a recent one-night business trip. Finding a decent hotel in Copenhagen has thus far proved elusive for me so I should perhaps explain my rating and the basis of this review: I am reviewing the hotel in absolute terms rather than in relative terms. In other words I am comparing with all hotels in which I have stayed around the world rather than just in Copenhagen (a local comparison would have merited a higher rating).

The hotel is in an elegant building in a location close to Nyhavn. The reception staff were welcoming and efficient.

My room was very small and had a curiously-sized bed - larger than a standard single bed but at best a very small double. Happily I was on my own because sleeping two in such a bed would have been possible only for a couple of Lilliputian size! Otherwise the bed was comfortable enough. Otherwise everything was comfortable enough and the room was just large enough to accomodate a small desk and a minibar. The hanging cupboard was very basic but had enough room for a jacket and an overcoat (but not a great deal more) and there was a trouser press. I was unable to find a safe which is unusual these days. A flat screen television had a limited number of channels with mediocre reception.

The bathroom, as is so often the case in Copenhagen hotels, was a very antiquated affair. The whole thing gave the impression of having been installed in the 1950s. The sink taps looked like they came straight out of a Downton Abbey set and the shower (in the bath) was feeble. It took some trial and error with the hot and cold taps to achieve a vaguely acceptable water temperature and when I finally found a happy medium it would occassionally go very hot or cold. A hotel bedroom is a hotel bedroom but everyone talks about the fancy bathrooms found in so many hotels round the world - but not sadly in Copenhagen!

There is a pleasant bar in the basement with tables where lunchtime and evening bar meals can be eaten and the decor here is good. There is a separate buffet restaurant where breakfast was served - the breakfast buffet was very good but the decor in this part is very uninspiring.

We ordered a taxi twice and on both occasions it was waiting at the requested time. There were computers in the reception and the reception staff assisted with airline check-in.

Despite the distinctly average review that I have given I would reiterate that in comparison with other local hotels this stood up pretty well and I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JulieHeinen, General Manager at Phoenix Copenhagen, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear traveller,
Thank you for your feedback from your business stay this month. We are happy to experince that you liked our down town location and our wonderfull staff. Furhtermore it is nice to hear that you (despite a small bedsize) found your room comfortable. At Phoenix Copenhagen rooms are available in different catagories with different bed – and room size.
We are sorry to hear that you had difficulties adjusting the water temperature when showering. At the moment we are looking at different options to inprove this matter.
We are glad to hear that you consider staying with us again on your next visit in Copenhagen. We would be more than honored to have you as a guest in the future.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in November. This hotel has everything you need for a stay in Copenhagen. First off the location is excellent. You can ride the metro from the airport and have about an 8 minute walk to the hotel, walking right past Nyhavn. The rooms are small by American standards, but normal for Europe. The bed was comfy and warm on the cold November nights. The breakfast was incredibly delicious. There was a wide assortment of breads and pastries, fruits, vegetables and other traditional food items. The hotel staff was eager to please each time we had a question - recommending restaurants, giving directions, etc.

Room Tip: We requested a room facing the courtyard and there was no outside noise at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear traveller,
Thank you for your review of Phoenix Copenhagen on Tripadvisor.
We are proud to learn that you had a perfect stay at Phoenix Copenhagen earlier this month. We hope to have the opportunity to repeat the succes and have you as a guest in the nearest future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed there for a week and basically very satisfied with the comfy bed, buffet breakfast, and of course itsconvenient location! Just one minor comment of the lack of shower cabinetdoor on the 4/F standard single room I stayed ( just a shower curtain), which means the washroom floor became wet after taking shower, and became slippery.

Afterall, I am still quite satisfied with my stay at Phoenix and will definitely return.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear traveller,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review from your business stay this month. We are glad to hear that you found the bed comfortable and enjoyed our big breakfast buffet. We are sorry to hear that you did not like the shower in your room. Rooms at Phoenix Copenhagens are either with shower or bathtub. For your next visit in Copenhagen, please feel free to contact us on e-mail phoenixcopenhagen@arp-hansen.dk regarding bathroom prefences or other matters, and we will do our utmost to accomodate wishes.
We hope to have the pleassure to welcome you as a guest at Phoenix Copenhagen in the nearest future.
Julie Heinen

Been to Phoenix Copenhagen? Share your experiences!