“Nice appearance but average quality and location” 3 of 5 stars

Park Inn by Radisson Copenhagen Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Engvej 171, Copenhagen 2300, Denmark   |
Ranked #66 of 118 hotels in Copenhagen
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice appearance but average quality and location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel has a definite modern look. It is two stations away by metro from the airport. But they are not at the airport and they do not offer a shuttle service like other hotels do in a similar location. The metro station is right by the hotel and there is an elevator to go up or down to the platform. The room is comfortable but we asked for a double bed and we were given two single beds put together. There was no pressure on the tap bathroom. I told the reception. They offered another room straight away but we decided to get the problem fixed while we were going out. Upon return, nothing had been done and the new receptionist knew nothing about it. The swimming-pool was not open due to a water-pump problem. The breakfast buffet was good but dinner had a very limited choice and was not really inviting. So this might be ok if you have to stay near the airport on a connecting flight. But otherwise, it is better to be in Copenhagen since there are frequent direct connections to the airport from the central railway station.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Trier, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very undkind frontdesk, not flexible at all, it took 1 1/2 hour to check a party of 10 in at 1am, tried in advance to make changes in reservation, even on the phone no adequate treatment. Some lights in the room did not work, the shower head was completely calicified, impossible to take a proper shower. The bed seams to have a very very old matress, no good sleep at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Up North
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Firstly I have to commend the hotel on it's location - okay, it's not in the airport but it's two stops on the metro (Femoren) and when you get off the metro it's literally round the corner, hardly any walk at all. With the metro being just upstairs from the arrival hall it makes it really easy. The staff are really friendly too and it's a great breakfast they put on.
That's the good stuff, now for the rest....
The room felt dark and dated. It was a decent space (and the bed was really comfy) but it was completely void of character and amenities. On one hand this shouldn't be an issue because as an airport hotel you're only there for one night usually - I certainly wouldn't use this hotel if I was visiting Copenhagen on holiday for example - but still it felt almost depressing. The room certainly wasn't as bright and sparkly as you would imagine from the website photos.
However, for me the letdown was food and the options for food. It's an airport hotel, people are arriving/leaving at all hours and the one thing you want is food. There is no real room service, you have to choose from the restaurant menu and then go and collect it. There's no minibar but there is a snack cupboard in reception. It just seems lacking in this area and there are no options nearby as you're in a residential neighbourhood so if you don't like what the hotel offer you're stuck. My tip - buy from the airport before you go to the hotel!
Overall it's not a bad place just for the one night but don't expect anything too fancy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Seoul, South Korea
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed one night due to late arrival of the Scandinavia Airline at Copenhagen in the last week.
It was very late and I was very happy to stay at the nice hotel.
Room was spacious and clean. I opened a window just to check the weather outside, but suddenly many mosquitos came into my room. I could see dozens of mosquitos are covering it ceiling black. Though I asked if they have a insecticide pesticide at the front desk, male front desk answered that they don't have it, and ignored my request to change the room. It was terrible to sleep in a room with very many and big mosqitos. The male front desk staff answered me just to stay there after driving out mosquitos.
Though I tried, I couldn't. So I gave up and asked for a help to a female staff of the front desk.
Fortunatly she was kind and changed my room.
I can't imagin how I can endure that night, if the lady staff also reject my request for room change. He is one of the terrible hotel staffs that I experienced ever.

Room Tip: Room is spacious, but there are only shampoo and bath cleanser. You need to bring teethpaste and t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our one night stay was okay (two rooms), it certainly convenient for the airport and metro but I'd find it hard to stay here again, or in fact at any other Park Inn property. To start with we had a rental car and there was nowhere to pull up at the door to unload luggage, which meant that you had to enter there pay-for car park to unload bags if there isn't a near-by parking spot. Later on we had to move the car into a free spot on the road. It pretty ridiculous since the 'secure' underground parking was close, so essential in their parking lot was equivalent to street parking - weird.

Check-in was fine - the staff were a little disinterested meaning that none of our key cards worked when we got to the room - but no apology offered when we went to the front desk to fix them.

The room was fine - a bit worn, kind of a cold feeling with lots of grey and blue. The bathroom was kind of like a youth-hostel communal one. Reminded me of a youth hostel room minus the bunk beds!

Service in the restaurant was rude. We were asked what we would like to drink, we briefly discussed getting some wine during which the server said in an abrupt tone "Do you WANT wine or NOT?" - wow seriously. I know that English isn't your first language but wow. The food was fine though. It gets better though because there was a mistake with the bill, but I decided to ask the front desk since the restaurant servers were having a really bad day. Unfortunately I was directed back to one of the servers, wow, never in my life have I been spoken to in such a rude and condescending manner. If you had just arrived in Copenhagen/Denmark you'd be thinking that you hope all people are not this rude - it was such a shock.

With the connections to town from the airport there is little need to stay here anyway. If you do the Hilton is right inside terminal 3 at Kastrup - no need to even go outside.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I travel frequently through Copenhagen airport staying one night at hotel. I have always stayed at Hilton in the airport for convenience but its very expensive for one night. This hotel actually requires less walking than Hilton!! due to the extremely easy metro station which is inside the airport then two stops, about 3-4 min, to Hotel which is right next to the metro in safe area. Front desk staff was terrific, the amenities included such as wifi, fitness center, breakfast etc of great value!. Park Inn has outside seating (which Hilton has none) rooms are clean but small. Note that only Business friendly rooms have AC. I was given an upgrade to business room because standard rooms were sold out that was a good thing. Even though windows open I would not stay in a non air conditioned room here in the summer. The only two areas I feel should be improved is the restaurant and the habit of wait staff to ask all guest out loud for their room number. I had a pasta dish which was fantastic but the restaurant layout is very plain and impersonal. I was placed at a large table in center of the room with a wall of tables looking right at me. There are many solo travelers and its not comfortable to not have cozy tables for one. I'm a woman traveling alone and it's really scary to have to announce my room number so other guest can hear it. All staff at bar and restaurant kept asking what my room number was instead of me writing it on my check. I find it unacceptable for safety. However even with that this is a terrific hotel great value for money, couldn't be more convenient -again I found it more convenient than Hilton and I wound bring my child to that's how easy it is to reach.

• Stayed May 2013
Westlake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed one night following a cruise at the Park Inn by Radisson. Since we had to get off the ship before 10am, we arrived at the Park Inn before 11:00 am, and did not expect to be able to check-in to a room. But, they did have a room available for us, and the front desk people went out of their way to help us! They allowed us to check-in early, and were extremely helpful with suggestions of where to go in Copenhagen and how we could easily get there using the Metro just steps away from the hotel door. They provided us with a great map, instructions, and all was done cheerfully! We sincerely appreciated the extreme kindness and professionalism the front desk staff gave to us.

Our room was clean and comfortable. Not large by USA standards, but it was clean, bright, and comfortable. There were extra towels in the room and a small, but excellent shower. Our room was soundproof, as we did not hear any noise from the hall or outside, which is usually the case at most hotels. The bedding was soft and comfortable. The hotel has a lovely pool and fitness center as well, and their breakfast buffet was outstanding! Hot eggs, pancakes, etc., and a large variety of breads, cheeses, fruits, cereals, meats; definitely one of the best breakfast buffets we have ever had! No problem with finding a seat, even though it was quite crowded, and again, the service in the dining room was exceptionally good.

Would most definitely return here and so impressed by the excellent service we received! Would highly recommend as convenient (close to Metro which can take you into the city or to the airport in minutes) and friendly, helpful front desk reception, which means a lot to someone not familiar with the city! Truly outstanding service and quality. Thank you, Park Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Copenhagen Airport? Share your experiences!