A bit dated in decor, but made up in location. Room was adequate in size,comfort and cleanliness
Make sure you get a room NOT facing Tivoli Gardens. Sometimes they have fireworks late at night, and windows are not sound proof enough to block it out when one want to sleep. But if you are a night owl, you can see the show right from your own window. The best thing about this hotels is location. Two blocks from Central Station, so easy to get to even with suitcases etc. Across from a tourist information center and Tivoli Gardens (if you like this attraction). Lots of little places to eat within walking distance, two blocks from Strogert St., a grocery store across the street. We were able to reach the cruise ships by public transport. It took us within 5min. walk to the ship... lucky for us. After a short train ride, there is a bus (I believe 26) that follows the street directly along the cruise ship area. Buying bus fares, best done @ Central Station or Airport. The machines at the different S-Bahn trains, or metro stops only takes exact change. Eventhough we had a Visa card with a chip, we had trouble with the machines at airport and central station. These stations have kiosks (with real humans...) where you can get the necessary tickets, passes etc. For some reason, our card was just fine this way but not on the machines. We noticed other passengers from our flight had the same issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning architectural hotel welcomes Copenhagen guests to Denmark Expertly designed and perfectly situated, the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen is the premier accommodation choice near Tivoli Gardens in Denmark's capital city. Designed by Danish architect Arne Jacobsen, the hotel is a beacon of style with its spiral staircase and reflective facade. Choose from 260 rooms and suites with amenities including Free high-speed, wireless Internet. Hotel guests enjoy on-site features such as award-winning restaurants, an exceptional fitness centre and flexible conference facilities. • Unique design elements including the famous "Swan" and "Egg" chairs • The city's central train station, Tivoli Gardens and popular shopping street Stroget within walking distance of this Copenhagen hotel's location • A total of 260 striking guest rooms and suites offering bathrobes and 24-hour room service • Gourmet, seasonal Danish cuisine served at Alberto K overlooking the city • Drinks, coffees and meals in a relaxed setting at Cafe Royal and the Royal Bar • Personal trainers, dry and steam saunas and massage services available at the 2,000-square-metre fitness centre • Meeting facilities with the option of auditoriums seating 300 and smaller rooms for intimate gatherings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Rezidor, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen Hotel Copenhagen
- Radisson Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Royal Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Copenhagen
- Copenhagen Radisson