I stayed at this hotel about 15-20 years ago and when it came time to go back, this was the first hotel I considered.
This hotel has (IMHO) the perfect location in Copenhagen, directly across the street from the Tivoli Gardens with most (half?) of its rooms having a view of the park.
The restaurant on top has magnificent views of the entire city, and while I never ate dinner there, it was great for breakfast (great buffet breakfast, though).
The staff I encountered during my stay were very polite and attentive.
Our room had wall-to-wall windows on the entire width that overlooked the entire Tivoli Park. This was especially nice on the non-rainy nights when they did fireworks.
Now, onto the not-so-good. The rooms now look old, tired, and much of the furniture is worn (literally the couch/loveseats were worn through in places and you could see stuffing showing through). The carpets in the room had some stains/wear, and some of the seams were starting to pucker up.
The design of the rooms/hallway areas now looks very 1970's, and there are a lot of dents/chips/scratch marks that I wouldn't expect from Radisson group hotels. (If you're from the property and would like proof of the wear/tear, I did take some iPhone photos).
Did these defects ruin my holiday? Absolutely not. I payed to stay near Tivoli, and got everything I wanted from that. However, at the room rate that was charged, I expect a little better.
The hotel could definitely use some updating and TLC to make it shine again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning architectural hotel welcomes Copenhagen guests to Denmark Expertly designed and perfectly situated, the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen is the premier accommodation choice near Tivoli Gardens in Denmark's capital city. Designed by Danish architect Arne Jacobsen, the hotel is a beacon of style with its spiral staircase and reflective facade. Choose from 260 rooms and suites with amenities including Free high-speed, wireless Internet. Hotel guests enjoy on-site features such as award-winning restaurants, an exceptional fitness centre and flexible conference facilities. • Unique design elements including the famous "Swan" and "Egg" chairs • The city's central train station, Tivoli Gardens and popular shopping street Stroget within walking distance of this Copenhagen hotel's location • A total of 260 striking guest rooms and suites offering bathrobes and 24-hour room service • Gourmet, seasonal Danish cuisine served at Alberto K overlooking the city • Drinks, coffees and meals in a relaxed setting at Cafe Royal and the Royal Bar • Personal trainers, dry and steam saunas and massage services available at the 2,000-square-metre fitness centre • Meeting facilities with the option of auditoriums seating 300 and smaller rooms for intimate gatherings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Rezidor, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen Hotel Copenhagen
- Radisson Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Royal Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Copenhagen
- Copenhagen Radisson