We stayed in the junior suite in September 2013 for leisure. I had looked at many hotels on offer in Copenhagen and went with the Radisson due to its location, the view and that fact that it is a modern high rise (which I would normally avoid but due to extensive renovation works ongoing in Copenhagen city center I wanted to be sure we were away from the noise).
The hotel is in a great location, about a 5 minute walk with a rolly suit case from the train station and a short walk to the shopping area and palaces. Tivoli is literally across the street and I kept watch out the window to see how crowded the queues to get in were. We were even able to walk to the little mermaid statute in about 45 minutes. Being a junior suite, the room was very big with a gorgeous view onto Copenhagen. In the evenings we were able to view the sunset and watch the lights of Tivoli come on. During our stay there were fireworks at the Tivoli which we enjoyed from our room. The area around the hotel is lively and there are many places to eat dinner. There is a discount super market behind the hotel for water and snacks.
Breakfast was a slight disappointment. It is served on the top floor of the hotel but the offerings were quite average and simple. I had expected something more fancy. there were only two people working and every single time someone asked for more coffee or tea or anything one of the waitresses would answer, In a moment...or just a moment... in a very impatient manner. It made the atmosphere quite uncomfortable. She was visibly stressed and during peak moments, it did look like two staff for the whole floor was not sufficient. The view from the breakfast floor is panoramic and great.
The only inconvenience was that there were no drawers to put away your clothes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning architectural hotel welcomes Copenhagen guests to Denmark Expertly designed and perfectly situated, the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen is the premier accommodation choice near Tivoli Gardens in Denmark's capital city. Designed by Danish architect Arne Jacobsen, the hotel is a beacon of style with its spiral staircase and reflective facade. Choose from 260 rooms and suites with amenities including Free high-speed, wireless Internet. Hotel guests enjoy on-site features such as award-winning restaurants, an exceptional fitness centre and flexible conference facilities. • Unique design elements including the famous "Swan" and "Egg" chairs • The city's central train station, Tivoli Gardens and popular shopping street Stroget within walking distance of this Copenhagen hotel's location • A total of 260 striking guest rooms and suites offering bathrobes and 24-hour room service • Gourmet, seasonal Danish cuisine served at Alberto K overlooking the city • Drinks, coffees and meals in a relaxed setting at Cafe Royal and the Royal Bar • Personal trainers, dry and steam saunas and massage services available at the 2,000-square-metre fitness centre • Meeting facilities with the option of auditoriums seating 300 and smaller rooms for intimate gatherings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Rezidor, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen Hotel Copenhagen
- Radisson Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Royal Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Copenhagen
- Copenhagen Radisson