We recently stayed at the Radisson BLU Royal Hotel in Copenhagen (Aug 22-24). We had a suite on the "club" floor that included a buffet breakfast.
We paid $970.00 US dollars a night for a poor quality room.
The bed was 2 twin mattresses pushed together so at night they would separate and it was hard to get comfortable. The showers were very small and they had very little water pressure. The decor was tired. The "suite" lacked any amenities you might expect (ex: coffee maker, a stocked mini bar). The buffet breakfast was a bit shocking, the food was disgusting (and I am not a picky eater). Food was left for hours without any re-stocking, it was a mess around the buffet itself, and the waitresses did not seem to care about cleaning up or serving customers.
The 2 positives include: (1) the location of this hotel. It was in walking distance to most attractions. With that said, there was a rock concert every night we were there right across the street. The noise was loud and it made it difficult to sleep.
(2) the concierge staff. They were very helpful with directions and making dinner reservations.
We are frequent travelers in Europe and understand rooms are smaller and amenities are different however we have not had an experience quite like this stay. We were greatly disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning architectural hotel welcomes Copenhagen guests to Denmark Expertly designed and perfectly situated, the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen is the premier accommodation choice near Tivoli Gardens in Denmark's capital city. Designed by Danish architect Arne Jacobsen, the hotel is a beacon of style with its spiral staircase and reflective facade. Choose from 260 rooms and suites with amenities including Free high-speed, wireless Internet. Hotel guests enjoy on-site features such as award-winning restaurants, an exceptional fitness centre and flexible conference facilities. • Unique design elements including the famous "Swan" and "Egg" chairs • The city's central train station, Tivoli Gardens and popular shopping street Stroget within walking distance of this Copenhagen hotel's location • A total of 260 striking guest rooms and suites offering bathrobes and 24-hour room service • Gourmet, seasonal Danish cuisine served at Alberto K overlooking the city • Drinks, coffees and meals in a relaxed setting at Cafe Royal and the Royal Bar • Personal trainers, dry and steam saunas and massage services available at the 2,000-square-metre fitness centre • Meeting facilities with the option of auditoriums seating 300 and smaller rooms for intimate gatherings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Rezidor, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen Hotel Copenhagen
- Radisson Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Royal Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Copenhagen
- Copenhagen Radisson