“Quality hotel in Copenhagen” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #27 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Longport, New Jersey
“Quality hotel in Copenhagen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have nothing to complain about, however it doesn't feel like a 5 star hotel compared to 5 star hotels we are used to in the US. Our flight got bumped from a strike so we decided to stay a couple nights in Copenhagen. Basically the cab driver told us it was one of the nicest hotels and tired from our long day in the airport I really didn't care all that much where we stayed, just wanted something nice. Rooms were nice and hotel was clean. The location was pretty good but if I had time to research I would have picked a boutique hotel. I think that would have gave us a better feel of the city. Overall I was happy with my stay and Copenhagen is a beautiful city.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Korean first
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

After a very long flight we were welcomed to our radisson experience, our room was good size for European standards, very Danish modern. Nice bathroom, tho bit skimpy on soap! We had a great view over looking Trivoli Gardens. Even tho the train station was within view it was very quiet! Our room included a full breakfast each morning, served until 10:00 am! Great variety and wonderful breads....we were traveling with our family and had reserved 3 other rooms all nice and quiet! The Concierge had suggested 2 close by "modestly" priced eateries. Great location to explore on foot many of the sights. We really enjoyed this ideal location to start our Baltic adventure!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a modern yet old hotel in a great central Copenhagen location, ideal for the main station. Big and bold, but the check-in desks are strangely arranged- they are unidentifiable without a queue of waiting people. Seems to be popular with rich foreign travellers and groups. Bed comfortable, room quiet, A/C works, iron in the room, free wireless, ticks all boxes for me. Pricey, but that's CPH - if only there was more high quality choice in the area...

Room Tip: High rooms have a spectacular view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here for two days recently. The room was very clean. The location of the hotel was excellent. Its about a block away from Tivoli park. It's right in the center of the city. I wasn't really bothered by the train station being accross the street. I was on the 14th floor. I was able to hear the people in the room next to mine coughing, and talking, I could hear other people's running water when they were in their bathrooms. I thought that was odd. The lobby of this hotel is very nice. They also have a restaurant on the 20th floor, which I did not visit. I did visit a local place called Brasserie Degas, which was excellent. I would recommend this hotel, if you are not bothered by thin walls. Other than that it was fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Just have to write about the Cafe Royal. It is overrated ! Sevice is at best mediocre, and food is dull, despite the prices being very fine.
We were a group of people, who had dinner after a meeting. The portions are very small, several of us were still hungry afterwards. There was the same potatoes and grilled leeks on the side, no matter which dish you ordered, meat, fish etc. A bit of a poor show, for this place, and those prices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is an excellent hotel, location is great. It is costly but worth the cost. We had a terrific time, you can just walk to the museums, Tivoli and other attractions. Food is excellent and you have various options. Parking ia available onsite though there is a charge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I ended up staying here as part of a cruise package. It was funny since I had actually picked this place out on my own based on the reviews on this site and the location. I took a cab into the city, the driver gave a great little tour on the way in, and I quickly ended up in the Radisson Blu. I was SO appreciative that even though I arrived at 9am, they had a room ready for me. I was able to go upstairs, shower, and take a nap after the long flight over before going out to enjoy the city.

I had a corner room on the 7th floor. The views were not the prime views of Tivoli, but still pretty (see pics).

The room/hotel itself is somewhat utilitarian. The lobby is pretty "blah," the rooms are a bit outdated, the shower is awkward to climb in and out of, and it faces the mirror, so you end up watching yourself shower which is always so odd to me. The furniture is best described as "Ikea chic," and is not very comfortable, although I found the bed to be very comfortable.

However, the internet is free, the concierge was able to get me literally a last minute reservation at a restaurant across the street, and every employee I encountered was lovely. For me, these pluses outweigh any minuses about the room.

Finally, location, location, location! You are literally across the street from Tivoli. You are 1 block from City Hall Square. There are restaurants and shops in every direction. The location of this hotel cannot be beat!

If you want a landing pad, and not necessarily a luxury experience, this is definitely the hotel for you. When I find myself in Copenhagen again, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I did think the corner rooms were worth the extra price...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen? Share your experiences!