“Stylish” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen

You added AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen to your Saves list
AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Center Boulevard 5, Copenhagen 2300, Denmark (Formerly Bella Sky Comwell)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Toronto, Canada
“Stylish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

A visually stunning hotel. Location is nice but not perfect unless you are there for a convention. Not quite airport, not quite downtown. But close to subway and ten minutes downtown. Rooms were bright with great views. Some things, bathroom sink comes to mind, had great form but mediocre function. It looked great but was so shallow things splashed everywhere. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our visit to Copenhagen started well. The hotel is close to the airport and the transport links from the airport and into the city centre are excellent. He hotel is very well designed and the rooms are clean and comfortable.
However my positive first impressions gained during the checking in process and during the first nights stay were destroyed by the appalling response from an employee in the Balcony restaurant. It was our second night at the hotel and we decided to go up to the sky bar for drinks (fabulous views, great atmosphere, attentive staff) we were advised that they did not serve food in the sky bar but we could go to the restaurant on the first floor. On arrival at the restaurant we waited to be seated (as requested) and shortly after we arrived one of the waitresses came to the desk. To my surprise she completely ignored us (and the guy behind us who was also in the queue) carried on ferociously chewing her gum and carried on using the checkout till. Now I have to point out that I don't expect restaurant staff to drop everything just because I've arrived and am waiting to be seated but I do expect to be acknowledged and/or advised that either they or a colleague will be along soon to get me seated. Worse still neither she nor any of her colleagues came back to the front desk.
We then decided to find our own table and walked over to the waitress in question, I asked if we could take the table. I also told her that I didn't appreciate being ignored. She offered no apology and with attitude written all over her face told me she was busy with another customer. As she walked away from us she said "f*** you" . Although this sort of language is not completely alien to me, this was a first for me. I know some people pay good money to be insulted in a restaurant but I am not one of them! I was absolutely shocked at what I had clearly heard her say.
When we complained to the F&B manager I asked if I could be mistaken, "is there a phrase or words in Danish" I could have heard her say? The answer was NO!
This sort of response from an employee to a paying guest is completely unacceptable, in fact it is so completely unacceptable in my books that it is off the scale!
So to add insult to injury I was even more shocked to return to the room later that evening to find a written response from the F&B manager who described what had happened as an 'inconvenient episode". I would describe a cold meal is an unfortunate episode , getting the wrong order is an inconvenient episode, corked wine is an inconvenient episode. However, a waitress saying 'F*** you' isn't an unfortunate episode, it is the most offensive, bad mannered and abusive incident I have ever experienced in a restaurant.
This incident was so extreme there was nothing the hotel could have done to restore my confidence, had I not paid for 3 nights in advance we would have checked out immediately.
I also didn't appreciate the ice bucket and bottle of sparkling wine that had been left along with the note from the F&B manager. and returned it to the front desk.
If you are wondering what disciplinary action the hotel took the same waitress was serving in the coffee bar the next morning - so much for the written assurances given to me that a thorough investigation would be undertaken!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BellaSkyComwell, Manager at AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. We were horrified to read about your experience, and our late response is caused by our looking into the situation. The waiter was a reserve waiter that is no longer with us. Rest assured that you will never experience a similar situation at our hotel again.
Doha
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed here recently and found it a truly disappointing experience. The hotel is slightly out of town, which is fine if you have things to occupy you when you are there, but the spa was closed for my entire stay and the only TV channels which showed anything in English were news channels. Movies were charged at over 10 pounds per movie! Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room, but with plastic cups and paper mugs!!

The room itself was small and boxy and the bathroom felt rather like a camping site facility or a cross channel ferry. The modern style of the hotel has moved so far along the spectrum that it is characterless, white, empty and soulless. To me, there was nothing appealing about its style or decor.

Breakfast was nice, but heaving with people and when they say it finishes at 10.30am, that's exactly what they mean. I was amazed to see a swarm of staff come through the kitchen doors at bang on 10.30am and remove every dish from the buffet in the space of about 2 minutes. Never seen anything quite like it before, so if you arrive at 10.20, stock up, there's no chance of a leisurely finish otherwise.

I will not be staying here again and would not recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
BellaSkyComwell, Manager at AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for the time you have taken to write your review. We are sorry to hear of your opinion of our hotel. Unfortunately the spa was closed for maintenance for 5 days in the beginning of July. The maintenance was scheduled and announced on our homepage and information was sent to our guests via email.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights after a Baltic cruise to explore Copenhagen. Other reviewers' comments about the comfortable modern rooms and generous breakfast buffet are right on target. Several tour groups from other countries pull out around 9 am. The subway is an easy 100m walk (10 min ride to main attraction areas) and there is a bus stop 20m from the entrance that goes to city center. It was disappointing that the front desk had run out of "72h Copenhagen Cards", but we purchased them at an information center easily.

Being out of the city made things more quiet. In additions to the fitness center downstairs, there is a great park in the block north of the hotel with safe jogging/biking trails. Being able start the day that way before going to museums/castles was very nice. The "commute" gave us time to plan and wind down.

The Bella Center is a bit of a mystery. It appears that the anchor store of a shopping mall is out of business (at least temporarily closed). The area feels safe and the hotel is the only thing happening besides transport for 500m. Did I mention there's a windmill right outside!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great hotel, with comfortable and clean rooms. The only downside is that it is a bit far from the city center. I stayed here for business which was great. There is ample space and many restaurants to chose from and the rates were great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here on business during May.
Highlight of the hotel is the skybar on top of 2nd Tower, you can see for miles and the seating gives a great space to sit back, have a beer and enjoy the view of copenhagen.
Rooms are like a page out of an Ikea magazine – clean and modern. However this lends itself to the architecture of the buildings. Very cool indeed. You can see the hotel as you come into land. There is a great variety of restaurants to choose from in the hotel and the breakfast area is large and spacious with a good selection.
The staff are very nice and helpful.
Extremely convenient location, just a few stops from the airport by the metro and very accessible from the city by Metro.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Great place for plane spotters - ask for a room overlooking the airport.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Bella Sky is a couple of metro stops out of Copenhagen and is next to a large convention centre but don't let this put you off. The rooms are quiet, simple and comfortable, the views are amazing and the centre of Copenhagen is a ten minute hop away.

We stayed here at the beginning of July for 4 nights. We asked if they would upgrade our booking, specifically requesting a room on an upper floor with a view of the city. The hotel obliged, putting us in a lovely room on the 18th floor with a view over Amagerfælled and then Copenhagen itself.

The hotel is brilliantly positioned for running. Ask at reception and they'll supply you with maps of different length courses that criss-cross Amagerfælled. Once you've crossed the rod at the far end of the carpark, you can lose yourself in this huge green expanse.

Breakfast is good. There's something for everyone; cooked breakfast, Danish breads and cheeses or cereal if you prefer - all well presented with a Danish twist. The breakfast room can get quite busy at times but, if like me, you enjoy people watching, you'll love it.

Some reviewers here have said that it's not convenient for Copenhagen. I'd maintain that it is; the metro station is 5 minutes away and the trains are clean and frequent and take 10 minutes to get you to the town centre. Try to cross London as quickly and comfortably as this allows you to access Copenhagen...!

The Sky Bar is not cheap but the views from this 23rd floor lookout ain't gonna come free. Well worth a look and if you don't mind treating yourself by splashing out 150dk on a champagne cocktail whilst you watch the sun set over the city.

The hotel is convenient for the airport too; only 15 minutes away. If you've a late flight, check in your bags then go back into Copenhagen for a last couple of hours sightseeing, coffee drinking and shopping.

Would I go back? Yes, I would.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. Ask for a city facing room on a high floor. If they are not busy with a conferen...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen? Share your experiences!