“Good Pizza” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mother

Mother
Hokerboderne 9-15, Copenhagen 1712 København V, Denmark (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)
22 27 58 98
Neighborhood: Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave
Tampa, Florida
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went for the pizza, which was very good. This casual restaurant draws a good crowd and was very busy the night we ate there. Service was OK, but our table (for 3) provided little space for the two pizzas we ordered. Pizzas are sized to serve one or two diners, depending on appetite, and start at about $15 US each.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Copenhagen, Denmark
“The Nordic interpretation of a Slice of Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've been to Italy a few times and this restaurant tries to bring a slice of the old country in the Nordic Copenhagen. This is both good and bad. First of all, the wines are authentic and quite tasty. I've had a lot of trouble with drinking good wine in Danish restaurants, but not at Mother. On the other hand, it feels like Mother struggles a bit too hard to remind of Bella Italia. Waiters with accent, tons of antipasti which were good, but make it almost impossible to eat the pizza your order and neverending crowds make it impossible to fully enjoy this place.

I'd say that Mother doesn't give you the veritable experience, but a Nordic interpretation of Italian cuisine. Highly recommended if you're not getting to Italy soon though.

• Visited September 2013
Roskilde, Denmark
“the best pizza is finally in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

i was at Mother just last week, with my son &hubby & some friends, and it was great. As italian i am quite critic about pizza, but this place is great. Fantastic service and the pizza was really really good. It made in stonehaven.

To try the beer, the blonde, which taste very good.

I have to say though that, my dear friend had to wait quite long time for her calzone.. and unfortunately she got it when all of us were already finished with our pizza.

I really like the athmoshere, seating outside and it was very cozy.

I will be definetely go back... can´t wait

• Visited September 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
“Very Good Pizza, Desserts and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had heard a lot of positives about Mother so went to this trendy area of Copenhagen only to find a line snaking around the block! It turned out that the restaurant was celebrating its anniversary and were serving pizza and beer for free. So we went away though managed to cop a few beers first, thanks to friendly people waiting in line. The pizzas looked good and even though the clientele were much younger than us, we went back the next day and were not disappointed. Luckily we didn't have to wait for an inside table. While really busy the staff were friendly and helpful with the menu. There was a wide selection of pizzas available, as well as some other dishes. We opted for the pizza even though the other dishes served around us looked very good. The pizza was very tasty and I was very pleased as it is sourdough base. The beer and cava were great and the panna cotta that I had for dessert was excellent.

• Visited July 2013
UK
“Very Tasty Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Me, wife and daughter all enjoyed a very tasty and crispy sourdough pizza at Mother. Service was perfectly fine for us, even though the restaurant was buzzing and nearly full on a monday evening. My Muu pizza was quite delicious, second only to il pizzaiola in florence in my all time pizza charts.

If I'm back in copenhagen, I'd surely go again...

• Visited August 2013