“Great food but don't stay for the service/atmosphere.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bagelman

Bagelman
Gothersgade 12, Copenhagen, Denmark (Indre By)
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,067 of 1,546 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Bagels
Neighborhood: Indre By
Description: Just off Kongens Nytorv. Great place for a quick breakfast: bagel with cream cheese and cup of coffee for DKK 25. A bargain in Copenhagen.
“Great food but don't stay for the service/atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

In short, a place where you can choose the contents of your bagel like at a 'subway' restaurant. Great choice of toppings and fillings from fresh ingredients. Service and venue are below average. Pricing is 40kr for a bagel and 55 for a bagel and drink.

The first time I went was a few days ago (mid May 2012), a sunny day after a ferry ride along the river near the bagel place. I would call it a cafe as opposed to a restaurant because you CAN stay, but 95% of the time you would want to take your bagel elsewhere. The venue reminds me of cheap fish & chip places which don't spend a lot of time or effort on maintenance. The staff will rush you along in peak hour (not so much late afternoon, as on my second visit) so don't expect A+ service. In fact, both my cousin and I were reminded of the soup nazi from Seinfeld when ordering!

However, looking past the negatives, the bagels were absolutely great. We were a group of 4 and all enjoyed bagels by the river in the sun.

I chose a chicken and bacon bagel in cheese bread with every filling available and creme fraiche as the sauce. Great, highly recommended.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“A great cheap eatery in expensive Copenhagen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Wow. Bagels with whichever meat you fancy, different flavoured cream cheese and loads of fresh salad - you can't go wrong. And all this for 40k (about 5-6€)! In Copenhagen, this is a bargain! It is very close to nyhvn and the shopping district. Plus the bagelman is super friendly. Smiles all round!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“When I think of Copenhagen, I still think of Bagelman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

The first time I went to bagelman in Copenhagen, I did not know what to expect... but ohhhh do I love those bagels. Especially the ones with salmon are fantastic. They are located in a nice, hip area of Copenhagen - whenever I came back to Copenhagen, it is one of my first things on the list: get a bagel at Bagelman. It was soooo good, that whenever I am in another city walking around, and wanting to get something very good in my stomach.... I just hope hope hope they have made it international and magically it would appear and say Paris. Unfortunately, are perhaps for Copenhagen fortunately, they still are only in Copenhagen. Love it!

• Visited July 2010