“A modern design hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added Tivoli Hotel to your Saves list
Tivoli Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Arni Magnussons Gade 2, Copenhagen 1577, Denmark   |
Ranked #14 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

first impressions clean friendly efficient of to a good start quick check in all good so far booked a family room and requested a cot oh no here we go no cot on booking information but quickly sorted and guess what a clean cot with lovely clean child friendly bedding , now for the bad bit family room was a bit small a bit too cosy compact and bijou for 2 adults and 2 children but liveable, the bed was comfy enough bit soft felt like I was about to roll out off it at any minute.
so reasonable nights sleep shower ok now for breakfast I expected the usual continental fayre bit of ham, bread, pastries cereal and juice what can I say the breakfast was excellent brilliant choice of hot and cold produce replenished frequently so it was always fresh definitely a big plus for the Tivoli. ate room service a couple of times good value good quality and good service but my only disappointment room service was not available and nowhere to eat in the hotel on the Sunday night apart from the sushi bar but I really don't think my 2 young children would have enjoyed this much so it was a quick trip to McDs at the local shopping centre (nice hot wings)but all in all I would go back but would just be a bit more careful about booking our room

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bruges
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

First things first, all the personnel was very friendly! I couln't fault them in any way, except the cleaning management. My stay in Tivoli was very dissapointing and i can't believe the things I've read here (and based my reservation upon).

The Good

* Nice pool with just one sauna, but a decent one. Loved it. Free towels were a plus.
* Good location: close to central station and a busstop close by.
* Breakfast was good. A bit more variety would have made it splendid. A bit short of "warm" stuff. (only scrambled eggs, tomatoes, tosti and bacon). No waffles, crepes, sausages, beans, ... . I know, I'm harsh, but this is what I expect from a 4 star hotel.

The bad

* I found the room very dirty. Some old carpet on the floor full of dirt. (hairs, dust). The bathroom smelled sour and was full of mold. Something that can easily be cleaned. There is clearly no maintenance done in this hotel!
* White stains on the red furniture. I even don't want to know what that is!
* The TV stutters and lagged. Radio stations didn't work.
* The beds were a true horror. Bad pillows. I'm in doubt: are these things beds or trampolines?
* The entrance and the floor of the lobby were dirty. Is this how you greet new customers? It felt neglected from the first step in the hall.
* No free water on the room or any other greeting gifts
* The last day, our friends needed to get up early to catch the plane. They paid for breakfast that day. They asked if they could get a "breakfast package" to take a way instead, because they needed to leave at 5 am. A thing that is common in other hotels in the world, since you paid 20€ pro person for it. They were prepared to do this, BUT for an additional 20€ pp. Ridiculous.

Room Tip: Ask for non allergic rooms, i guess they have wooden floors what makes it a bit more hiegenic.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Jakob E, General Manager at Tivoli Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am happy to read about all the positive things you mention.
However, I am quite surprised to see such a long list about the negative things.
I am very sorry that the quality of the cleaning did not live up to your expectations. What you mention is of course not acceptable and I am sorry that you had to experience it. I will talk to the responsible head of department in order to improve.
You are right about the free water. There is no free water in the rooms, only on our Executive floors. I think this is quite common here in Copenhagen where the tap water is drinkable. We offer free coffee & tea in every room and a kettle, making it easy for our guests to prepare a nice coffee at any time.
As for the extra charge for the breakfast it is standard procedure. The kitchen is not manned at 5am, so when ordering a breakfast package we have to call in our staff early, which applies a surcharge. I am sorry about that.

I am sorry that the stay did not live up to your expectations, but I hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Copenhagen.

Yours sincerely,

Jakob Ellermann
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed here with my family for 3 nights while on a brief christmas holiday visit to CPH.
We booked a family room, which is actually 2 connecting rooms.
The rooms are rather small compared to other similar places we've stayed.
Comfort was ok. (I think the TV is -pardon my language- a piece of junk.)
The hotel is conveniently located at walking distance from central station and Tivoli gardens. Bus 11a stops directly in front if the weather is not co-operating.
The hotel is located in a business area, so there's really nothing to be seen in the immediate vicinity.
I also found the hotel lacks character. The lobby isn't inviting, it's very sterile. I generally like to lounge in hotel lobbies but this one I skipped.
The hotel seems to be very popular with young families.
The swimming pool and sauna are a welcome treat after a day of city-trotting.
I can't comment on the restaurant but breakfast was very good with a vast variety of choices. However, it was very busy and noisy so come early if you value tranquility.
All in all a pleasant stay.
Would I come back when in CPH ?
Probably not.

Stayed December 2013
Helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at this hotel. It is a modern and well-kept hotel and suitable for guests with children. Would not recommend for couples. It has all facilities a family with small children needs, the swimming-pool beeing one of these (full of children). We stayed in a family room, which was a small room with a double bed and an extra bed, that took up all the space in the room.
The bathroom was very nice, new and fresch.
Nice staff at the reception, nice consierge, who unfortunately though did not deliver (forgot) service as promised.
The hotel is not located in the center, but the bus into town is very convenient.
I liked the hotel, but would perhaps not return. The hotel is not as 'cosy' as I like hotels to be, for example with a lounge beside the reception where you can enjoy a coffee or a drink before going out on town...

Although it is very easy to get into town, I prefer staying closer to the center.

And then the SMALL things that just is so annoying...:
- Found booking papers in the closet belonging to the guests who had occupied the room before us...
- Two cups and two wine glasses in the room, they do not get changed if used, but taken away, no new ones. So if you want to enjoy drinks from the minibar on your last day you have to use your glasses from the bathroom...
- coffee complimentary in the room, but no refill of small coffee sachets during stay :)

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Stehag, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Nice hotel in walking distance from central station and with good bus communication to central station and city Centre. The pool area is nice and good for the kids and also a gym area for parents, (no comments about gym due we did not use it but it looked good. Good Sushi restaurant on top of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Lovely hotel with the playful Tivoli theme throughout. I especially enjoyed the pool and sauna and a wonderful breakfast buffet. The rooms are not huge, but ample. It is not a quaint hotel in the heart of things, but it has lots of amenities (restaurant, bar, exercise room, spa, mini bar), it is also not too far away from the action (about a 15 minute walk to the central train station and Tivoli). I enjoyed a nice run along the river (across the street from the hotel) during my stay. Overall, a very comfortable stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Tivoli Hotel? Share your experiences!