“"Cute" hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tivoli Hotel

You added Tivoli Hotel to your Saves list
Tivoli Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Arni Magnussons Gade 2, Copenhagen 1577, Denmark (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)   |
Ranked #14 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“"Cute" hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family and I didn't stay at this hotel but came to eat at the restaurant. We had a walk through the hotel and noticed that the hotel had a very Tivoli feel. I like the waiting area at the sushi restaurant and the glass floor that looked down to the ground. It was pretty scary when walked on it at first. Since there was a wait at the sushi restaurant, we ate at Tivoli Brasserie. My 2 teenager sons and I ordered food from the a la carte and that took a long time to be served although the restaurant looked empty. My husband ate from the buffet and he said it was good.

The pool, the kids play room and the gym looked appealing too. If we didn't have family living here in Copenhagen, we might try staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed there for three days. In all everybody was happy. The Tivoli theme rooms are just fun for the children. But the room was a little bit too small for a family of 4.
But in all a great hotel, with good breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

There is a lot of good, so I will start there. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I think it was about 1/2 a mile from the main train station. It was an easy walk after taking the train in from the airport. The other option was to take the 11A bus from the train station to the hotel. While I was there, the bus route changed temporarily without notice. There was also a nice pool with good hours. I almost forgot to mention the water cooler in the lobby. All restaurants seem to charge for even tap water, so this was nice.

Now for the more critical part of my review. Although the room was clean and comfortable, it was very small. You may think you know what small is, but the place is even smaller. You have to leave a key in a slot to get electricity. That made it very easy to forget your key and lock yourself out. The bathroom door was made of glass. That might look cool, but some people would like more privacy. At night, I typically like to leave a small light on in the bathroom. Here there was no small light, so the glass door made the room light up. There is breakfast at the hotel. It is excellent, but very expensive at $30+ per person.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jakob E, General Manager at Tivoli Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear J.S,

Thank you for reviewing your stay here at Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center. I am pleased to read about all the positive experiences you have had here at the hotel.
As for the more critical part I am sorry that the size of the room did not live up to your expectations.
Regarding the electricity in the room, which might be a bit annoying, is an environmental concern; when you take the key card out of the slot, the electricity turns off. This way we are sure that we don’t have 396 rooms lit up without anyone inside. It would be a huge waste of energy.
I will take notice of your other comments for the future. We always do our best to keep improving our services for our guests.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Have been here twice now on holiday. This hotel is nice and clean and modern. As we have been traveling with our daughter the facilities for kids have been important. It is quite (but not very) close to Tivoli (amusement park). It has a Tivoli theme and athmosphere. It has an excellent pool a bouncing castle and a playroom which is ok. All in all enough to keep the kids happy. It is not very cheap, but ok.

Room Tip: Upgrade to theme room was fun, but no big deal.
Dear Pertn,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay here at Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center.
I am very happy that our facilities for children lived up to your expectations and that your daughter had a nice time.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again on future holidays to Copenhagen.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at the Tivoli Hotel for four nights in early June. The hotel room is spacious. The bathroom is so big it is downright luxurious. It is a large hotel that is located "near" The Tivoli Gardens. Even though the hotel is allegedly four (4) minutes from The Tivoli Gardens, the four (4) minutes refer to time by taxi. This is the part that could be a bummer for people who are not in business with an expense account. If you are keenly aware that it will take you fifteen (15) to twenty (20) minutes to walk from The Tivoli Hotel to The Tivoli Gardens (and the central station of Copenhagen), then you are mentally prepared and you won't feel that you need to complain. The walk is on wide streets that has the feel of a New Jersey highway landscape. Other than this, I would have given the hotel a five-star rating. The buffet was good for both breakfast and for dinner at well. The dinner buffet was very reasonable in price and the food was very good. I ate more halibut one evening there than I ate in my entire life. You can use their computers to check your e-mails for free. The place has a lot of businesspeople because the hotel has conference and seminar facilities. On our second day, we learned how to buy a 72-hour city transportation ticket and catch the bus right outside of the hotel. From there, one can go to many places as long as you are willing to wait for the bus. This is an excellent hotel with a reasonable price "near" but not really "at" The Tivoli Gardens. I want to give this hotel a 4.5 stars. I recommend it. Oh, by the way, be careful if you want to open the windows. You may need to call concierge to help you close it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear James C,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts of Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center here on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your contribution.
I am happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay here at the hotel. Also I am happy to know that our breakfast buffet and evening summer buffet was to your satisfaction.
You are right about the location; we are not located right next to the Tivoli Gardens. There is a 10-15 minutes walk to get there, which is also stated on our website. I am sorry if you found any material misleading.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again on future trips to Europe.

Kristiansand, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel frequently, and this time I chose a suite. The colorful and modern furniture were very welcoming.
The location is great with a large shopping centre (Fisketorvet) and the "S-bane" nearby.
The staff are first rate.
I always stay at the ARP-Hansen hotels when in Copenhagen. Another excellent choice is the Hotel Imperial.
Dedicated smoking rooms would be appreciated though at the Tivoli, but e-cigs is the solution.

Room Tip: The top floors offer the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vikingoloco,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your positive comment here on Tripadvisor.
I am happy to know that you feel welcome here at Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center and at the Arp-Hansen Hotel Group in general.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again on future trips to Copenhagen.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Tivoli Hotel tries to be both a family hotel and a business hotel and it's pretty difficult for the two types of traveller to coexist amicably. However, they seem to manage to keep most people happy. We stayed with two small children and had interconnecting rooms. They were clean and spacious. There is a large play area in the basement and our children loved that there was a pool to relax in at the end of a busy day.
The name of the hotel is slightly misleading as it's not that close to Tivoli. There are numerous hotels of a similar, if not higher, quality that are closer to the centre of Copenhagen. That being said, it's not a very large city so getting around poses few problems.
The sushi restaurant on the 12th floor is part of a chain. The food is great and the view outstanding, although (being in Copenhagen) it's pretty expensive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tivoli Hotel? Share your experiences!