- Generally friendly staff. All speak fluent English, if you don't speak Danish.
- Extremely clean rooms, lobby and lounge.
- Rooms are attractive, with an ultra-modern design (the shower is perhaps too ultra-modern - the cylindrical glass doors are a cool idea but in practice a curtain would have been more useful).
- Offers bike rental. The rental bike that I got was a little mangy, but the rate was reasonable (120DKK per day).
- Fast WiFi in the rooms.
- Comfortable bed, climate control.
- Breakfast buffet (60DKK) was nice, though the food was exactly the same every day - yogurt, rolls, some charcuterie, pears and apples.
- Good location. Quiet, reasonably close to downtown attractions. Walking distance to national museum, Glyptotek, Tivoli, etc. My room faced the railway (not the best view) but the windows are well-soundproofed and all I heard was the occasional squeal of the wheels.
- Not much in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. No restaurant or convenience store. Front desk offers limited snacks. No vending machines that I could find.
- No in-room phones or public phones. My cell phone was not working and I needed to contact my airline. The front desk person invited me to use a payphone in the central train station, about ten minutes away by foot. Most people have cell phones, but it would be nice to have another option if your battery is dead or if you can't get service.
- No boarding pass printing. Again, the front desk person informed me that I could print my boarding pass at the airport; yes, obviously, but most frequent travelers prefer to print passes ahead of time. The hotel actually does allow boarding pass printing for a "service fee" of 50DKK (about $10) plus a per-page fee, which is funny because they will cheerfully use the same printer to print you a receipt for a pack of gum if you ask for it. I take it that the hotel management just doesn't want the minor expense and responsibility of maintaining a boarding pass printer.
- Like many European hotels they really mean it when they say 3PM checkin - I arrived early in the morning and had to upgrade my room in order to avoid a wait. They offer a baggage check in the basement, but if I recall correctly you have to pay for it (it wasn't much, maybe 20DKK).
The hotel offers several tiers of rooms - I would just go for the cheapest. I stayed in a "heav...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.