“Wait wait. no service.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nyhavns Faergekro

Nyhavns Faergekro
Nyhavn 5, Copenhagen 1051, Denmark (Indre By)
+4533151588
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #259 of 1,545 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: French, Danish, Scandinavian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Neighborhood: Indre By
Description: Restaurant Nyhavns Færgekro has maintained the charming and maritime Nyhavn atmosphere. Every day the restaurant offers freshly made ‘smørrebrød’ the famous Danish open faced sandwiches, as well as a herring buffet with more than 10 homemade, herring specialties. Guests can also chose between 20 different homemade aquavits, brewed with handpicked berries and herbs like St John's Wort, yarrow and woodruff.
Iceland
“Wait wait. no service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I really wanted to go here, thought it was a buffet like the main photo on Trip Advisor shows but it was not. OK I decided to order the Brunch plate but I waited more than 10 minutes and no one even acknowledged I was even there. Sat in the sun right by the entrance so I was not hiding in the shade. Look around, many better places than this.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
JeanetteHBystrup, Manager at Nyhavns Faergekro, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear CanViking
Thank you for your review contribution. Our famous herring buffet (from the Tripadvisor picture) is served during lunchtime (11.30 AM – 5 PM).
We sincerely apologize for the wait, and we hope that you will visit us again, so that we can show you, that your experience the other day was not of the standard, we are known for.

Best regards
Restaurant Manager Jeannette H. Bystrup

Surrey
“Sunday Brunch with a Scandinavian Flavour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A great place to sit and watch the world go by before taking a canal cruise. We had a Danish brunch - eggs, bacon, cheese, fruit, salami, rye bread. The tables outside have a great view of the harbour and are well sheltered even on a rainy day, with blankets if it gets a bit cold.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Excellent Salmon, not a tourist trap!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Wow were we shocked to have such an excellent meal in what we expected to be a total tourist trap. My mother and I usually consult reviews before dining in foreign countries but this time we just wanted a table along the canal and figured we'd probably pay big and eat horribly... But we were blown away but the tasty salmon!! We felt so lucky to have happened upon this place and the prices were very reasonable for Copenhagen. I would definitely return!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shanghai, China
“Nice place for a beer, a snack and people watching”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service, good food and drink, great location to watch the world go by. Ic you like herring, they have a herring buffet that has a good soread of all you can eat herring!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Not a tourist trap, in a very touristy bit of Copenhagen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I'm writing this review to confirm that this restaurant is as good as other reviewers have said. It's definitely not a tourist trap. Although the price they charge is a bit "touristy".

I came here twice because I love the food. The first time I arrive right at 11:30 for lunch. That was just before it gets really crowded. A staff recommended me to order the Faergekro lunch selection and loved it. The second time I came for their apparently famous burger, which turned out to be quite good!

You can get a discount on the burger if you check in on FourSquare.

Also if you're a big fan of Danish open face sandwich you should head to the food market there's plenty more variety to select from.

• Visited May 2013