“Very enjoyable dining experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eros

Eros
Klosterstraede 20, Copenhagen 1157, Denmark (Indre By)
+45 33 13 40 76
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,186 of 1,542 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By
Brisbane, Australia
“Very enjoyable dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The food was delicious, the service really attentive and the decor of the restaurant is cosy and intimate. The couple have owned the restaurant for 17 years. I suspect this restaurant may get overlooked and passed by as restaurants in the adjacent square are very popular on TripAdvisor. We opted for a meal plan which included a starter, main and then Irish coffee to finish. Good deal though wine prices are typical for Copenhagen.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Amherst, MA
“Less than meets the eye”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Eros looked like a stylish Greek restaurant just off Gråbrødretorv, a major tourist center in Copenhagen. It's prices seem reasonable and menu enticing. Unfortunately the food was mediocre...even the Greek dishes.
Service was fine, but of course food is the main issue in a restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“different Eros restaurants! Not Greek!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

obviously there is more than one Eros. The one I ate at was just off the Stroget in the center of old Copenhagen, on Kloistergaten. Atmosphere is great, nice ambiance.I at outside, and had the lamb special. Unfortunately, it was overcooked, so quite tough. Potatoes and zuccini were quite good, and price reasonable for Copenhagen. But no one ever asked how the meal was, or if I wanted dessert or coffee - in fact, I never saw anyone after I ordered and ate. Had to go inside to suggest I pay my bill. All in all, unfortunate, as place is nice with great al fresco atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Disappointing...Not authentic Greek”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband (who is Greek) and I had high hopes for this restaurant - a nice quiet and charming place, just off of the main pedestrian shopping area. The server was pleasant...however, the food just didn't live up to our expectations. I ordered the vegetarian platter, while my husband had the mixed grill. The dolmades on my platter was cold and my husband's meat dish was slathered in a strange brown gravy that we've never seen in any other Greek restaurant. On the plus side, the baklava was fine.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
athens
“Fall in love with Eros”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We visited the Eros Restaurant couple of times. I must admit that I have never had better Greek food than there. I was amazed with the service in Eros is one of a kind, always there to assist you if any help needed. It is a modern palce perfect for business lunches, family dinners as well as drinks with friends.Highly recommended !

• Visited April 2012