“Dormitory style hotel, great location” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Nora CopenHagen
NorrebroGade 18 B, Copenhagen 2200, Denmark (Nørrebro)   |
Ranked #60 of 118 hotels in Copenhagen
Reykjavík, Iceland
“Dormitory style hotel, great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Nora for a long weekend in November 2013. My friend and I wanted to stay in Norrebro so we chose this hotel. Hotel Nora is very basic, almost like a dormitory, and please note that there is no elevator. We stayed on the fourth floor, good for my thigh muscles but not great when I had to carry my heavy suitcase up and down the stairs.

The beds were comfortable and so were the duvets and pillows. The hairdryer needs to be replaced, it just blew cold air. A huge flaw were the hotel towels, they smelled horrible, of mold. We got them replaced but the new ones were a bit better but still smelled and under all other circumstances I would not have used them, rather throw them away. Washing machines need to be checked for mold (however the bed sheets did not smell of mold, only the towels).

The receptionist was very helpful and a total pro.

Breakfast is OK but kitchen staff should ease up on the salt in the scrambled eggs, good selection of cheese though.

If I ever stay at Hotel Nora again I will make sure to bring my own towel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

First of all thank you to all the staff. Very helpful with all our needs.
Very good breakfast as well.
However no elevator, had to climb four flours. Small room and bed for a couple.
I did not fancy the location as well. But I guess this is what you get for this cost.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed in the Hotel Nora for 4 nights. Upon our late arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist and then made up our way our room on the fourth floor. We requested a quiet room based on other Tripadvisor reviews (it was facing the courtyard). There is indeed no lift, however the stairwell is wide and there is a bench on each landing if you need to catch your breath.

Our room was a good size and the standard met our requirements, comfy beds, good size fridge, decent TV (wide selection of channels, incl. BBC/CNN), tea and coffee facilities. In terms cleanliness we have seen better but also much worse (bathroom and beds were spotless though!). For Copenhagen the room presents excellent value for money. You generally pay 20-25% extra for almost everything, so do not expect the same standard as you would at home in this price-bracket. The room was very quiet regarding other guests, on some nights you could hear some music from the theatre backing onto the courtyard, but only with the windows open.

The breakfast was excellent, no complaints at all. The room was busy most mornings, but we always found a table. The buffet offered a good selection of soft and crusty rolls and breads, jams, nutella, honey, cereals and pouring joghurts (different flavours), juices, a wide selection of cold meats and cheese, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon and also fresh fruit salad. We wonder how anybody could have a complaint, we enjoyed the breakfast. The staff also worked very hard to clear the tables and keep the buffet neat and topped up!

The location of this hotel is fantastic, the 5A bus outside the hotel takes you to Norreport Station (Metro) and most central stops (Radhuspladsen, Central Station and even the Airport). There are several bike hire places within walking distance to explore "Danish style" - we recommend it.

Overall a very positive experience at Hotel Nora!!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor (first floor) facing the courtyard. The front of the hotel is very busy and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I got locked out of my room and had to sleep in the computer room on the floor. On arrival I went to my room and struggled to get into the room, as the lock was a problem. One of the housekeepers managed to undo the lock and advised me that this had happened last week. I came back to the hotel around 2am and was unable to get into my room due to problems with the lock. I tried for one hour to get into my room. During this time I rang the bell on reception and outside the hotel but no one responded. Eventually I went and slept in the computer room on level three which was uncomfortable and cold. At 6am I heard someone enter the hotel and went downstairs where I found someone preparing breakfast. She used her master key to try and let me in but was unable. She also advised me that this had been a problem previously. I waited until 7am when reception opened. I explained the situation to the male receptionist who opened the room for me. When I asked how he managed this he replied, “I just know how to do it”.
I was due to meet a colleague who was also staying in the hotel for breakfast at 9am. I asked the receptionist if he could let him know that I would be unable to meet him due to the circumstances. The receptionist wrote down his name and advised me he would do this. However this was not done and my colleague later informed me that he waited for me until 9:25 and then had breakfast. At 10:30 he went to the reception to ask if I was still in the hotel and at this point the receptionist told him what had happened. I was very upset that this wasted my colleague’s time.
Very poor customer service and no refund offered by the receptionist. This ruined my trip to Copenhagen

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just got back from the Hotel Nora in Copenhagen after a 3 days break.
Clean, well positioned hotel, within walking distance of all of the attractions in Copenhagen.
Great breakfast with lots of variety and enough to fill you up.
Only negative we had was we found our room to be very noisy at night and in the early morning so perhaps a room overlooking the courtyard would be better.
Room was huge and bed was the comfiest we have slept on in a hotel!
Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would return to the Hotel Nora

Room Tip: Pick a room overlooking the courtyard and not the road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed four days in September. Pros included: daily breakfast at 7:00 during the week and 7:30 in the weekends with a larger than expected variety to eat (scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, breads and spreads, cold meats and cheeses, tomato and mozzarella salad, muesli, kefir, coffee, tea, juices), plenty of space with high ceilings, clean and comfortable, wardrobe, hair dryer, refrigerator, luggage rack, walk in shower, table and two chairs, electric kettle to make tea, lots of newspapers in the common area, 15% discount for "longer stay", 5A bus straight to or from the airport, a 10 minute or so walk to a main metro station, flat screen TVs, super nice staff, room darkening shade or a second shade which lets more light through. Cons were: very lively street, so windows closed seemed to be necessary, no elevator to reception, tight toilet area, hallways could use a carpet update or repair, inadequate pillows for sitting up in bed. Would we stay again? Yes. We don't have a lot to compare it to but felt the value was good for Copenhagen and the room (123) was at least twice the size of another hotel we stayed at.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Murray, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We spent 2 days in Copenhagen before getting on a cruise ship headed for the Norwegian fjords. After the cruise, we flew to Iceland for 2 nights and since we didn't want to take all of our luggage, we asked if we could store it at the Hotel Nora, which is where we had reservations for 4 more nights when we returned from Iceland. They were more than accommodating in storing our luggage. The staff was always friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean. No elevator in the hotel, so carrying luggage was hard, but once done, fine.

Room Tip: No air conditioning in the rooms we had, but we were able to open the windows for fresh air. The on...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Nora CopenHagen? Share your experiences!