“OK service, good food.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Davids Bistro

Davids Bistro
Aarhusgade 22, Copenhagen 2100, Denmark (Østerbros)
+45 46 321 321
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #345 of 1,546 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Østerbros
Description: Welcome to DAVIDS BISTRO. A classical bistro restaurant with a twist and attitude.Enjoy our old fashioned recordplayer with old jazz records while you eat a nice juicy steak and slurbing fantastic redwine...
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
“OK service, good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The waiter was OK, but with a slight attitude -- somewhat typical french :)

The food was good but nothing spectacular.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

copenhagen
“A really nice meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Ate here with my father on a week day and had a really good meal. There was no surprises or anything extra ordinary about it, but the taste and quality was great. The waiter was not the most forthcoming or warm person, but did deliver fine service. Atmosphere was cosy and french as you would expect from a french bistro.
Based on our evening I would give this 3,5 and recommend it to anyone up for a good rather traditional meal from the french kitchen in a pleasant atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City
“Hidden gem in the heart of Osterbro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We loved David's Bistro. Packed neighborhood restaurant on a Friday night. I am glad that I made a reservation. David emailed me ahead of time as I have gluten / corn / mustard / dairy issues here in the US. The chef wanted to make me GF bread. I loved the bread! I am very appreciative of this gesture. I had the fish entree with potatoes and greens. Great meal! We will be back next year when we visit Copenhagen again!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Disappointing...well meaning, but not up to scratch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Friendly staff, cosy atmosphere, decent wine list - so far, so good. The small menu gave us hope that the produce on offer would be high quailty, fresh and well prepared. Sadly not the case. Service was patchy, amateurish, if well-meaning - they forgot our wine, then broke the cork and seved the wined with pieces floating in it. The starter, anchovies in olive with grilled lemons, was unremarkable, the anchovies tasted like they had come out of a cheap tin from a low cost supermarket. The entrecôte, which slunded so good, asked for medium rare, came out rare, tough, fibrous and pretty tasteless - very disappointing at DKK 284 ($51). Side salad and bread were good, but overall, given the price, the meal was underwhelming. So saf, we have mived here and were hoping David's could become a local. Might go back, to see if we caught the kitchen on a bad night.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Missouri
“Best meal that I had in Copenhagen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

On the recommendation of the landlord whose place we were renting, I stopped here for dinner one night during my recent trip to Copenhagen for a conference. I got the veal with vegetables and potatoes and was simply in heaven. Melt in your mouth veal, flavorful carrots and turnips, and buttery potatoes. Simply amazing. One of the best meals I've had in a while and far and away the best meal I had in Copenhagen. Casual setting, and it was clear that this was a place that locals came to drink and unwind in the evening. Can't say enough good things about this place! Entrees were $30-40 USD, which visitors from the US might think is a bit high, but really was not any higher than the rest of the food in Copenhagen that was a bit higher than we tend to expect. A must visit!

• Visited May 2013