“Friendly and cozy!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Det Lille Apotek

Det Lille Apotek
Store Kannikestraede 15, Copenhagen, Denmark (Indre By)
Website
Neighborhood: Indre By
Bay Area, California
“Friendly and cozy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband, sister and I dined here on our first evening in Copenhagen. The food is generously sized and very satisfying. My husband had the pork, my sister had the duck, and I had the ground beef dish (sorry, I don't remember the exact names). All of the dishes were served with potatoes (the duck was served with apricot glazed potatoes). Our server was new and did not know much about the menu, but he was friendly and did a splendid job recommending aquavit!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mission Viejo, California
“Historic and Charming Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This cafe is billed as the oldest restaurant in Copenhagen (1720) and it is indeed cozy and old world. Our group loved the atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The men in the group appreciated the beer recommendations! We enjoyed a wonderful lunch here after finishing our walking tour of the city. Det lille Apotek felt very authentic, and our group judged the food to be very tasty. This is a spot that makes you feel that you are experiencing the heart of Copenhagen!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Napa, California
“Go for the experience, not the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very old, restaurant, loaded with charm, cozy, and small...we had a great time tho the food was so so...most of us had wiener schnitzel...and lots of beer! Enjoy!

Visited July 2012
Ascot
“Great food, great service nice ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We didn't book and arrived late after doing the long tourist walk on Sunday 26th out to the mermaid statue. However, we were made to feel welcome and we chose the duck for my wife and I plumped for the stew but changed to the crispy prk after asking for their recommendation. The servings came together on a large tray with caramelised potatoes, baked prunes, sautéed red cabbage, boiled potatoes and a very tasty sauce. Our first reaction to the waitress was are you joing us? There's enough here for four. Generous servings and well cooked tasty food. The crackling on the pork was well done as was the pork itself and the duck was perfectly cooked too. The vegetables were great and overall it was a very good meal. The restaurant's decor hasn't been changed for 150yrs and it has led to a great ambience with antique decor and pictures. Good value restaurant, well worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oslo, Norway
“Dissapointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've heard so much about "Det Lille Apotek" before I visited the restaurant in August 2012. The impression you get when you enter the restaurant is that this is a really nice place with the same old interior it had originally. Is really is a nice place to have a lunch.

I ordered a steak for lunch, and my friends ordered fish platters. My friends got their food quickly, and I had to wait forever. When I at last got my food, it wasn't what I ordered and had to send it back. It took gain forever before I got my food again, and the staff managed again to serve me something I didn't order. The third time is a charm, and I finally got what I ordered - and the food was great. I won't say that it was worth the wait, but I enjoyed it.

My conclusion is that this is a really nice place, and the atmosphere in the old interiour was awesome. The staff is not that serviceminded that I hoped for, and it took way too long for me to get my food.

If you're just wanting a beer or something to drink in central Copenhagen, you should visit "Det Lille Apotek". For food, I would try to find somewhere else. I waited for an hour before I got what I ordered for lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere