“Lovely, lovely, lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast

Save Saved
You added Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Rytsebaekvej 17 | Hjelm, Stege, Moen 4780, Denmark   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Stege B&B and Inns
Copenhagen
“Lovely, lovely, lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed in the rooms Hunter and Sunset in June 2012, three adults and one 3-year old, which turned out to be a very good choice for us. The rooms are decorated in a very personal style and are very nice and clean. Christine is a very pleasant person, who also makes a lovey breakfast. Christine could give us a lot of good tips on nice restaurants, which we very grateful for. All in all, a very nice place to stay at Møn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chrismaralda, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear GladaAnkan

Thank you for taking your time to write a review - as always, I am very happy to know, that I have been been part of giving my guests a good time here on Moen. A lot of people, who come here, realize, that they should have stayed for more than one day, as this island offers so much to see and experience, but then that is just a reason for coming back.
Thank you for your stay - and maybe "på gensyn" some other time.

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hillerød, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay at Toejgaard Guesthouse, which is a very beautiful place. We stayed in the room Shangri La with a view to the sea. The atmosphere at the guesthouse encourages you to 'unplug' from your everyday life. Christine is an excellent host and she has also inspired us by the way she does things.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chrismaralda, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Connie
So nice to read your review here - I thank you for that.
Our main goal here at Tohoejgaard is indeed to give our guests the feeling of "Life Unplugged", so getting your response makes me glad to know, that we're on the right track.
And it also makes me happy, that I am able to inspire people by the way I decorate my rooms.
I hope to see you here at beautiful Moen some other time - who knows, maybe I have redecorated something here and there ... I just can't help it :-)
Best regards Christine
Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We've been one night in the 2 rooms (Panorma and Magnolia). Wonderful rooms, wonderful view, wonderful places! Great breakfast, clean rooms and a lot of peace all around us.
Ten minutes to Stege and 20 to Mon Cliffs
And Christine has been really really kind with all of us!
Next time in Danimarc we'll visit her again!
Luca + Alessia + Vincenzo + Andrea + Elisa

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Chrismaralda, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Luca + Alessia + Vincenzo + Andrea + Elisa
Thank you for your visit and kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here, though I am not too proud of our town, Stege, that "goes to sleep" around 8PM, so you had to settle for "franske hotdogs" - not a very interesting meal to finish your day with. Next time you visit - and I will look forward to that - please don't forget to book dinner here at Tohoejgaard. We serve a two course meal on reservation. It can be ordered on our on-line booking at our web site.

Kind regards
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Christine is a welcoming hostess. Her English is excellent and breakfast and evening meal very good. Blue skies and no rain but windy so wrap warm for some excellent beach walking right from the bed and breakfast. The view from the Panoramic Room is very special. Christine is following her dream of running a bed and breakfast and it shows this is something she really enjoys.

Room Tip: Very peacefull probably in all rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chrismaralda, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Annelies
Thank you for your kind review. It is alway a pleasure for me to read the feed back, I get here on TA. I try to make my guests' stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible, and with some beautiful, sunny days, like you had, it can't get much better :). You are right about the wind: situated so close to the Baltic Sea gives you a magnificent view, but also demands a good windbreaker for the walk, especially in spring. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and will look forward to welcoming you again some day.
Best regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

The stay at Tohoejgaard was a really unique experience for us. Christine received us with a warm and cozy room even though we arrived really late. The beds were comfortable, and the room, well kept. We were amazed at the attention she gave to the details. Each room has a character of it's own, and tastefully decorated.
The lounge area was also a great place to hang out in the evenings with a great sea view.
The view from our room was amazing and I'll never forget waking up one morning to watch the sun rising up from the sea to the orange sky. Truly amazing experience!

Manu & Paulina

• Stayed March 2012
Chrismaralda, Manager at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Manu and Paulina

Thank you for your review - I'm glad, you enjoyed your stay.
Yes, though all our rooms have views over the Baltic Sea, your room, "Panorama" really beats them all, with a whole window-wall facing the sea. And a sunrise hear is fabulous, - so are the sunsets. by the way. Hope to see you back some day, and maybe you will get a chance to experience both "events".
Roskilde, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We had a very comfortable stay here, nice rooms, everything well looked after. And of course an awesome location. Especially since we had the most perfect weather. Blue skies all week! Who says it always rains in Denmark? We traveled around the island for a few days and the b&b was very nice to come home to in the evening.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Although we only stayed one evening this is a little hidden gem. Quaint and out of the way, it is a lovely home that Christine has worked into a lovely B and B. We frequently stay at B&B's in the US, so I know what to look for. We were the only guests in our area so we had a private bath in the Panorama room with stunning views to the sea. I can only assume it is really great in season. The beach is rustic(a 10 minute walk) but I assume nice in the summer. Little touches like robes and slippers made it feel homey to us! and the food was FANTASTIC - dinner was superb and our breakfast was fresh and well served! I strongly recommend you check this out if you are staying on Mon!

Room Tip: If available and you like views, go for the PANORAMA room!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!