I selected this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. Maybe it is one of the best hotels in the area, but not to my liking. I flew in from Oslo on Tuesday evening arriving around 9 PM. Next bus was well too long to wait for, so I decided to walk to the hotel. It was about 30 minutes of quite unpleasant walking along a busy airport road w/o street lights or pavement option. Still not a single bus passed me then. The hotel is a bit too far even for well trained walker as I am. I wish they had a shuttle service as in normal countries.
The check-in was all right, quick and pleasant; however, even small candies or fruit by the counter was not free (which was very unusual) and cost a bit. The hotel is trying to make $$ anywhere they can. Also, it was well more expensive than many other hotels around.
The room was not small, it was VERY small. I usually do some push-ups and ab crunches when I travel. No room on the floor to fit in.
I asked for a room on a quiet side (#119), which was far away from the main building, but it had a busy road behind the bushes.
The shower was also very small, but the water pressure and temperature was good. No good shampoo though was provided.
Hence, my pros:
- Friendly and efficient front desk people
- Nice looking hotel from outside
- I got a bottle of wine for filling the survey!
- Breakfast was not bad, but worse then Norwegian one I usually have at Thon Panorama, Oslo
- Nice exit to the patio in the back
- The room was very clean
- The bed (two twins together) was nice for a single traveler and provided a nice sleep
- Water pressure and temperature was all right
- Pretty sketchy Internet, not super bad, but not great - free though!
- VERY small room and shower
- No ventilation inside, so one has to keep the windows open - hence noise from outside
- Every little thing is charged for (worse than Hilton)
- Very small work desk (barely fit my laptop)
- OK breakfast - cheese, cold meets, bread, no hot food - but free!
- Too far from Billund Airport w/o a car (30 minutes walk) and very limited bus service, too far from Billund Centret too. The bus to Esbjerg was about 22 minutes walk from the hotel.
- Too expensive for the location and service provided
Overall, I felt a little bit claustrophobic and uncomfortable, but maybe it is very typical for Denmark - a country of vikings, who can live anywhere:)
There is the other side from the room #119 in the far way building (where I sayed), which is certain...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.