“Great Hotel for Legoland visitors” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Svanen
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nordmarksvej 8, Billund 7190, Denmark   |
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Billund
West Midlands
“Great Hotel for Legoland visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

We booked this hotel for a 3 night package, including a 2 day pass to Legoland and 1 day ticket to Givsund Zoo. Bed & Breakfast included.
I was really impressed with everything about this trip - from the good value Ryanair flights to and from Billund at decent hours of the day, to the location, the hotel and our visit to Legoland and the Zoo.
We didn't have a car, but you don't need one if you are there mainly for Legoland. The hotel is literally a few minutes from the airport ( we got a taxi) and Legoland is a relatively short walk from the hotel. The hotel is on the main road, so although not busy by UK rush hour standards, you do need to have your wits about you when trying to cross the road.
The hotel rooms were very clean and a great standard. Food was excellent - and I am a really fussy eater. Buffet at evening meal was brilliant and plenty of choice at breakfast.
The staff were fantasitc and couldn't do enough for you.
We got our free tickets for the theme park and zoo when we checked in. You should note that the tickets for Legoland are for consecutive days only, so we had to chance our intial plans to break up the park with the visit to the zoo, but that wasnt a problem at all.
We took the bus to the Zoo - about 20 - 3o minute ride. Get the timings right for this as the one we needed was infrequent, but if you plan it then its no problem at all.
I would really recommend this hotel and using Legoland Holidays.
A new theme park was near by but we didnt get time to check it out - its called Lalandia ands it a water park. I was told it was a bit like center parcs.
This was a great break!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

We spent two nights during our visit to Legoland. Everything was great: The food and the breakfast are very good, the rooms are clean and also have a Ipod charger with radio and so(!). The playroom for the children is also very good and light.
The Svanen is about eight minutes walk to Legoland. It is a little difficult to cross the road outside the hotel because of traffic.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for the first and last night on a business trip in May 2008.

When I arrived in the late evening I was shocked: the whole place was just a big construction site. The main reception hall was boarded up with shelves, and I had to walk through the construction place to reach my motel barrack where my room was located. It was hard since there was gravel and sand everywhere.

The room was small and reminded me of a better youth hostel.

In the morning I woke up when the workers started to work on the house next to my room; when I looked out of the window at 7 am I saw a dredger right in front of me. I had to think of the TV programs where annoyed travelers report on shocking hotel places they found in their holidays!

Maybe they should at least be as fair to close the hotel as long as it is under construction or reduce the prices remarkably! When I booked the hotel, nothing was said about the construction!

If you happen to stay a night at Billund, don't stay at Hotel Svanen! Go to the Legoland Hotel or another hotel nearby. Given the price per night of 950 DKK (120 €!) everything is better, even a youth hostel!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everythings, just braekfast was okay
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

We had 1 night at this hotel as we went back to Billung to watch the Lions+Animals at Givsku Zoo. The Hotel is close to Legoland - less than 1 km walking near the camping and other hotels near by.
The room was ok (no luxus, but standart/plain) with 2 beds, workdesk and a small sitting group. Bathroom with floor-heating :-) The best is that all rooms are on the ground-level, so you can park your car right infront the room! Else I loved the wireless internet access (open WLAN for all guests) as I had my laptop with me :-)

We did not take dinner at the restaurant - but I can tell you that their breakfast buffet was superb with everything you dream about!!!

We paid 1022 DKK for one night inkl breakfast for the 2 of us.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Hotel Svanen? Share your experiences!