“Brilliant day out” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 things to do in Billund
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: LEGOLAND(R) Billund is Denmark's most famous and popular amusement park for families and children of all ages. With so much fun, speed and action for the whole family, is just one day enough? Set your imagination free - on land, at sea, and in the air. LEGOLAND is a fantastic world of imaginative family experiences that focus on children - a place where you can set your imagination free on land, at sea, or in the air. And there's always plenty to choose from, no matter whether you prefer action or relaxation.
Brisbane, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Brilliant day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Legoland has never been a place I have heard much about until moving to the UK. We knew our children would love to go, every little boy loves Lego, but my husband and I wondered if it would be a bit cheesy, but LEGOLAND was brilliant. I usually prebook all my tickets but as it was a little expensive I decided to wait until the day to see what the weather was like. This turned out to be a great decision as we ended up getting 2 days for the price of 1, not entirely sure how that happened. We spent 2 days at LEGOLAND and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Lego Villages are amazing, the trees, flowers and hedges are all in proportion and just beautiful. I have no desire to go to Windsor but if I ever get the chance I would go back to Billund.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great, if you have kids of a certain age”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Great 2 days out the rides are ideal for our 5& 6 year olds and there was minimal queuing, we were able to get straight on again in a lot of cases. We went at the end of August in the week.
The best thing though is the models, amazing constructions that you can spend hours marvelling at. You can also get in after the rides close most evenings if you just want to look at the models for free. We took the advice of taking a picnic and buying the tickets as part of a package with neigbouring Lalandia, which was also excellent.

Brighton, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Just like the Windsor one but with more charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Legoland Billund is just like the one in Windsor but with more charm. It's more pretty and nicer looking. Most of the rides and attractions are the same, which was a little of a disappointment but they're just as good and favorites with the family.

Entrance fee was quite pricey, but we got it included with our hotel, but food is also expensive so I advise you take packed lunch. As far as waiting times go, I don't know what other reviewers are on about! I visited on a Sunday (just outside peak season) and the max. wait was 10 minutes, it was great!

The models are fabulous and have the biggest collection than the Legoland in Windsor. Overall, Legoland Billund is a great day out, just bring your own food and buy tickets online to save the hassle and queue of buying there. :)

california
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“wonderful models, otherwise ordinary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

The large scale models of important Danish buildings and other scenes are brilliant, and captured my young grandchildren's attention for hours. The rides, even on a Wednesday, were very crowded with average waiting times of 30 minutes for a 30 sec. experience. the admission price seemed high compared to other theme parks.

San Cristobal de La Laguna, Spain
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Simply Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

It's the dream I've ever had when I was a little girl.
Perfect organization, I bought the ticket in my hotel, to avoid queuing. There's the possibility to eat inside in one of the many fast food.
Beautiful attractions and especially superb lego construction.
It's fantastic!
If you have the possibility, GO there!