Booked into this hotel because others were full. However, I would pay more just to be in a different hotel.
Positive: only distance to legoland
Negative: almost everything. In particular:
1. Expensive. If you think the quoted price is a bargain then wait till you see your room. Tiny, two beds as standard. Third bed is a folding one between the other two beds. Then there is no room for anything. They don't even inform you that there is a shuttle bus to legoland. So you end up in walking 15-20 mins (which is a lot having in mind walking n legoland itself plus shopping) or taking the car and finding a parking space worth DKK 50.
2. Unpleasant staff especially the owner. Treats you as another idiot going to legoland with a kid so anything goes. Because you will not refuse. You are only there for two nights (like me) and that's enough - max you can stay at this hotel. This cost me EUR 570 with two day tickets to legoland and one day pass to Givskud Zoo (worth seeing, you just have to be lucky with the weather)
3. Cleanliness. Very questionable. To my standards the hotel was very uncared for.
4. Restaurant. Rip off. Beef tenderloin for DKK 220 was not a tenderloin but an entrecote. Had an argument with the owner who tried to convince me that it was a tenderloin. Finally I got another piece of meat which also wasn't a tenderoin. On my wife's request I kept quiet just to finish dinner and go to sleep. Investigating further next day among waiting staff I found out that there was no tenderloin beef in the place, If an idiot appears who orders one the they try to make and entrecote look like one. Salmon with seasonal vegetables for DKK 188 appeared to be a small piece of salmon without any vegetables. On the first night the owner tried to sell me a "vintage" bottle of wine (just because of the year - 1997) for a "bargain" price DKK 350. On a closer look it appeared to be a "cru bourgeois" probably unsold so far. The restaurant hours vary according to "traffic" So if you are "lucky" enough to be alone at one table at 9 pm you will be asked to leave beacuse the chef is closing the kitchen!!! My advice: eat outside although Billund doesn't offer anything. There are 3 restaurants not far away (if they can be called restaurants) offering much better food cheaper. Plus a hot dog and hamburger kiosk - the best value and your kids will love it.
5. Breakfast. According to the quality of the hotel. Nothing special. Poor selection of everything: one kind of cheese, two (salami and some unidentified minced sausage) cold meats, boiled eggs. And of course jam, honey, local choccolate spread. Bad coffee and no selection of teas. I expected at least some famous danish bacon etc.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Billund Kro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Billund Kro Denmark