We've just returned from a trip from Lalandia and there are many good things I can say please read this so that you can get the best from your trip....my advise would be:
1) Do not book online - phone them up and insist that you are close to the main building if you don't have a car. Me and my daughters flew in and as a result of booking online our house was a good 20 minutes by foot from the main building where the restaurants and aquadome is. 20 minutes may not sound too long but if you run out of milk etc you're looking at a 40 minute round trip. There is a fun train but it doesn't run all day during the week. The staff at Lalandia refer to it as an additional fun attraction but they're kidding themselves...pretty sure their guests rely on this train as a means of trainsport. I asked if we could be moved as the weather was awful and we just kept getting drenched but the houses are all privately owned and it would have meant starting an entire new lease...again not something you're made aware of when you book.
2) when you do arrive and are given your house number ask them to write down the main reception number...I say this so that you can avoid walking 20 minutes in the rain with your kids and your suitcases only to find you can't get in as they didn't explain the mechanism of the door. (you type in a code and then you have to wait for this knob behind the door to turn itself round) so there we are at the door, in the dark, in the pouring rain and had to walk all the way back leaving our cases outside to get some help to open the door. We were given a new code but still they didn't explain about door mechanism.
3) Get to the restaurants nice and early - not like us...after our door fiasco we turned up to eat just as everything closed...luckily a waitress took pity and found us some cold leftover lasagne from the buffet.
4) about the door again...we got locked in the following morning as we still didn't know about the door mechanism. A maintenance man finally showed us how the door worked.
5) You can't store your swimming items in the lockers in the Aquadome but you can leave them in the service centre...no one will tell you this but its worth doing if you want to pop into town without carting heavy swimming bags.
6) Take as much food and provisions as possible. Its not cheap in the shop. Take loo rolls, washing up liquid, oil, tea bags etc. oh and crisps.. I paid £2.50 for a large bag.
7) Internet. There is wi fi but not laptops to go on..for that you need to walk to Billund, about a 20 mintues walk. Internet usage is free in the library.
8) The town of Billund will almost definately be a huge disappointment. It reminded me of a cross between the Barbican and Harlow New Town in the 70's. Nothing there but sport shops. But we did love that library
9) Clothing - forget sarongs...Peter Storm and Helly Hensen are en vogue at Lalandia but if you dont pack your rain make like I didn't you can always buy a plastic poncho and walk round looking like a plastic bag for the duration of your trip.
10) If you have a birch silver/birch allergy like I do make sure you take plenty of anti-histamines. There are hundreds of these tress.
On the upside. The aquadome...It's fantastic!! The Danes aren't uptight about things...there's no silly rules like we have at home. If you forget your socks in the ball pit - its no problem. The place works well and is generally well organised but I think there should probably be more supervision at the top of the bigger rides. The houses are really really nice. The main building is pretty ugly. Enjoy your trip! We did come back feeling better than we left and are laughing about our door issues and cold lasagne now we're home. .
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Lalandia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lalandia Billund Hotel Billund
- Lalandia Resort Denmark/Billund