Visited for 4 nights during October half term and booked the smallest cabin which didn't have any toilet or shower (you use the campsite shower blocks). When we arrived I decided to upgrade to a bigger cabin and was able to do so with no fuss. We were very early and before 3pm check-in and as we arrived off the airport bus on foot they kindly let us leave our bags in a room at reception and pointed us to the nearby resort of Lalandia as we were looking for food ended up spending all afternoon there - watch out for massive ice creams! One slight bug bare, the website says you must have a camping pass which you can buy on site which I dutifully did only to realise that you only need it if you have a car and you need to get through the car park barrier.
The cabin was spotlessly clean, we hired linen which we had to put on the beds ourselves - no great hardship - it is a glorified campsite after all. The bedrooms in the cabin were small and the beds pretty narrow (fine for us wee people) but there was a wardrobe in each room with plenty of space for our short trip. With the windows open there is noise from the nearby airport but that must be the case everywhere nearby. As it was chilly when we were there we did use the heating and the cabin heated up almost immediately and held the heat no bother. There was a heater in every room, but we only needed to put on the living room one and the whole cabin warmed up.
We opted to have breakfast in our cabin - 3 children who aren't big eaters. However there is a very nice cafe on site serving breakfast and dinner. We ate there 2 nights, it is pricey but probably no more than elsewhere in the area. The carvery buffet is eat-as-much-as-you-are-able and is excellent - lovely selection of fresh salads, pastas, roast meats, fish, potato dishes and great kids selection too - simple but good. Also ice cream on tap! There was a take away option which we took 2 nights - very good pizza and salads, this was less expensive.
The campsite itself had great play areas including bouncy pillows, a flying fox, mini golf and you could hire cycle buggies which the kids loved for going about the campsite and very handy for taking bins out to service area and linen back to reception at end of stay - not needed if you have a car! There is a small supermarket on site, it was a bit poorly stocked but we were there the week before Legoland closed for the season so they were probably running down their stock but it did have everything we needed. You could also order fresh bread every day.
Location wise it is a 5 minute walk to Lalandia (massive indoor water park , skating rink, bowling etc etc.) and not 10 minutes to Legoland and the bus stop for the airport (probably the nicest airport you will ever visit).
We have had a wonderful holiday - the kids were in heaven from start to finish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the doorstep of LEGOLAND® is the new LEGOLAND® Holiday Village, a cosy holiday location for the entire family, including a hostel, cabins and a campsite with lots of outdoor activities and plenty of room for fun and games. Live like cowboys in our impressive Wild West cabins, real Indians in our tipi tents or like pirates in our family rooms. Or bring your own caravan or tent and enjoy the many activities and features offered at the campsite.LEGOLAND Holiday Village features a LEGO® shop, playgrounds, a petting zoo, bonfire sites and, naturally, excellent shopping opportunities. We also offer a pirate restaurant where you can enjoy a large and delicious breakfast buffet or your evening meal. Furthermore, we are neighbours of the Lalandia aqua park and Billund Bad swimming centre if you feel like having a splash. Bring your entire family to LEGOLAND® Holiday Village. You will have the best time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your LEGOLAND Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legoland Village Hotel Billund
- LEGOLAND Holiday Village Denmark/Billund