“Not too bad, can be improved” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aldente Ristorante Toscano

Aldente Ristorante Toscano
Vestergade 48, Aarhus 8000, Denmark (Midtbyen)
+45 86180700
Improve this listing
Ranked #243 of 292 Restaurants in Aarhus
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtbyen
“Not too bad, can be improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

The place is very beautiful, very well done, the dishes are also nicely composed, the overall quality is not bad, but the food really needs much more personality.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Aarhus, Denmark
“really bad service, good food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

i went with my wife to have lunch... we waited for the waiter maybe 10 min because nobody was there, then we sat, he came and brought water and the menues and then waited maybe 10-15 min for him to come back to order... the food was fast and ok. After we finish and talked and two times waived at the waiter (waited maybe 15 min) he came with the bill.. at the end i found a long hair in the water and the one to pick up the bill (i believe was the owner) ask me after i told him about the hair: "SO?" i dont know if they are really used to it there... they really need to start working on the service there....

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aarhus, Denmark
“Terrible... It was a nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

OMG... This was the worst gastronomical experience I have ever had. My husband and I were there yesterday around 5.30pm, firstly it was an issue to find the waiter, after 10 min he appeared, the restaurant was almost empty, therefore we asked for a table close to the outside view, and he denied because the tables were for 4 persons, then we decided to sit outside and the table was kind of dirty, the waiter never cleaned it.

He came after 10 other minutes with the menu, and every time we needed something we had to wait until my husband stand up to look for him. The food was not so bad, however the restaurant looked kind of fancy at the beginning however it was a fiasco, it was total disappointing.

We enjoy dining out and we like to pay for high quality service and food, but this was the worst place we have ever been :-( It is a shame because even the owner was there and he didin't care so much, even my husband found a hair inside the water jug and he was almost not believing my husband telling him that, indeed my husband had to take the hair out to showed it to him and he never apologized or showing that he cares...

I will never go again to this place!

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“It's okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

The restaurant referes to itself as "gourmet", but I think that's pushing it a bit.
The food is good, tasty, basic italian. The service i polite and fast. The atmosphere is nice.
But to be gourmet, I think food should be somewhat special - a tast adventure - and not something I could do myself with a little practice.
On that note, it's a bit pricey.
But you will not be cheated on quality or taste!

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This italian restaurant...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

This italian restaurant in nothing special. Tried it twice and the same. food without nerve and amtions. Staff with bothe hands in the pockets.