“Good location to the art museum/ music hall and good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Aarhus
just back in Singapore
“Good location to the art museum/ music hall and good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

A 10-15min walk from train station. Right next to music hall and art museum and a short distance to the tourist areas.
Room is pretty spacious with study desk and sofa chairs. We requested to put in a cot next to the double bed and there is still comfortable walking space all around.
Toilet is clean and ok. Shower is within the bathtub/shower curtain area.
Breakfast is a big plus with a good selection of style and food.
The common facilities are nothing to shout at. Only a small bar/sitting area/restaurant next to the reception. Surprising for a hotel of this standard. The toilets at this level smells pretty bad. Better to go up back to the room bathroom.
Free wifi is good and reliable.

• Stayed May 2013
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Whyee,

Thanks for your review of your stay with us. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the most important meal of the day at the hotel, we do our best to have a variety so there is something for everyone and every taste. I have due to your comment regarding common toilets taken measures to try to prevent it from happening again.

I hope that we can have the pleasure to accommodate you and your family on your next visit to Aarhus.

Best Regards

Peter Laursen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My boyfriend and baby son had a standard double room. The standard did not live up to my expectations as the room was quite outdated compared to the price of it. And don't expect any Scandinavian design - the room had a tacky japanese theme. Horrible decoration! The nice thing about the hotel was the central location right next to AROS art museum, central Aarhus and The Old Town, and close to the harbor. The staff was really nice and the breakfast was nice as well. All in all: Nice but too pricy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear LNM_Cph,

I want to thank you for letting you voice heard here on Tripadvisor.
Thank you for the nice comments on staff and breakfast. As I could read you are not a fan of our Japanese decorated rooms. Next time you visit Aarhus and hopefully choose us again, please do ask for another style or perhaps one of our newly renovated rooms. I'm sure that we can find a design that suits your taste a bit better.

I hope to welcome you and your family back.

Copenhagen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed two nights in a standard room at the Radisson during the SPOT Festival, paying around EUR 320 for the stay excl. breakfast. I picked the hotel for its location, and it was my first stay. I enjoyed: clean room + bathroom, tea and coffee in the room, free wifi, very quiet and a reasonably comfortable bed. I really liked the staff who made an effort to make you feel welcome and help with questions etc.

In comparison I personally prefer Hotel Guldsmeden which I think offers much more value for money and beats Radisson in all aspects, however if Radisson wasn't so pricy (in terms of value for money, I think the location is really what you are paying for) I would probably consider rating it higher than just 'average'.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Crunchy-Crunchy.

Thank you for rating us, I'm happy to hear that you did enjoyed so many of the aspects of our hotel, location, clean room+ bathroom, the service the staff provided and the fact that it was a quiet room even with the Spot festival happening at, and around the hotel.

I hope that we can have the pleasure to accommodate you again, although it seems that your hotel heart is at a different hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Some parts of this hotel are excellent. The communal facilities are very plush for example, but the room felt outdated. The main let down was the cleanliness of the bathroom - which could have been cleaned much, much more thoroughly.

The staff were absolutely lovely; very friendly and professional.

Room Tip: It may be worth asking if there are refurbished rooms available.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lqts,

Thank you for your response here on Tripadvisor. First I'll like to thank you for your very nice comment regarding the staff here at the hotel. It's always a pleasure to read, that they are showing true Yes I Can attitude as we call it.
Regarding to the cleanliness in the bathroom I am really sorry and I do hope that you will accept my apology. I can assure you that our housekeeping department do their very best everyday, so to hear your experienced just makes them work even harder to make sure that this was a single occurrence.
I hope to see you back here at the Radisson Blu on your next visit to Aarhus.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights on a business trip and the rooms were as expected from Radisson: well appointed, very clean and comfortable. Very nice breakfast with a good range of hot and cold food to choose from. Next time in Aarhus I'll use this hotel again. My only criticism is that the hotel gym is surprisingly not included in the room price and we didn't realise this until we were charged upon checking out. As gyms are normally inclusive, our not being told was not terribly impressive. Loses one star, but will still return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Hepetitis,

Thank you for your very good review. I very pleased to know that we will see you again when visiting Aarhus next time.
I do apologize, that you were not informed about the cost for using the fitness. The gym is not owned by the hotel but is a fitness chain where we have made a good deal for our guests to use. When guests stay in business class rooms it is actually included.

Once again, thank you for staying at our hotel and for reviewing us here on Tripadvisor.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Oslo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

All in all a good hotel. Friendly staff and a very nice buffet breakfast. The rooma where big,but kind of oudated. The bathroom was no properly cleaned. There were hair and dust on the floor, and the toilet was either really old or nor cleaned because it smelled like a public toilet. However, this might just had been our room. The location was great, and easy to find if you come by car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear N0rvegiangirl,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us here on Tripadvisor.
I appreciate you kind remarks regarding our friendly staff and good breakfast.
I very sorry to hear that we didn't live up to your, or our own, expectations when it comes to the cleaning, we have a very good Housekeeping team but I will make sure that they are even more alert in the future.

Our last rooms that wasn't renovated summer 2012 will be renovated this summer. So I hope to see you back for another stay that will be even better that your last.

Haifa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Spacious, modern, pleaseant, hotel. Fantastic location. Polite and efficient staff. Good service. Excellent breakfast. Stayed seven nights. No complaints. Comes at a price - if you survey and book early you have more choices than I did.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Suavest,

Thank you very much for your very good review, I glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel, and specially happy that you enjoyed the service we provided and our Super breakfast.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town.

Peter Møller Laursen

Been to Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus? Share your experiences!