“Love It! Great Atmosphere and No Tourists” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love It! Great Atmosphere and No Tourists”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I, myself, am a tourist and business traveler, but I just love that this place is chuck full of locals without a tourist in sight. Staff is friendly. There are English-language menus (not exactly a novelty in Denmark, but still), and the pizza is great! You could easily get one pizza per person, but we found that splitting one pizza more than filled two of us.

Did I mention the pizza is really good? It's also creative. No run-of-the-mill flavors here. I'll definitely go back the next time I'm in Svendborg.

Visited July 2013

London
“Good service, good food, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went here after reading Trip Advisor reviews. The place wasn't very busy (only one other table occupied) but it was a Monday. Service was very good and the waitress was delightful. We each had pasta (very tasty, but the portion defeated me :-) and shared a wonderful bottle of Amerone (our favourite)! We rounded off our meal with two liqueur coffees which warmed us for the sub-zero temperatures outside. Well, that was our excuse. A most enjoyable evening, really good value at about DK 900, we will definitely return. Thank you, La Pupa!

Visited February 2013
Gunsan, South Korea
“One of the best pizza for sure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my colleagues upon hearing good reviews from the tripadvisor, and it did not disappoint! In fact I had one of the best pizza I had the pleasure of tasting!! I have ordered Pizza Porco, wanting something spicy with parma ham. It wasn't spicy to my standard, however the taste was just excellent. My colleagues ordered Beef Lasagne and they weren't disappointed either. Highly recommended if you're around Svendborg, and you love Italian food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Simply lip smacking good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were walking around Svendborg, looking for place to dine. We saw a sticker outside the restaurant "Recommended by Trip Advisor" so we walked in, and it's the best decision we ever made!

If at all you are around this place, go and try, you'll surely love it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Varde
“Perfect Italian restaurant in Denmark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

If you ever go to Svendborg, you have to visit Melina & Gianni at La Pupa, which by the way means "The little mermaid". Gianni has been elected the best pizza maker 3 or 4 times in Sicily, so the pizzas are splendid. If you are going for some italian cuisine, just take Gianni´s menu - and let him find the wines to the menu, you will be surpriced! It´s never the same, but what the chef wants to make this evening. Everytime there the little twist so you think - brilliant!
Melina & Gianni is a very charming and authentic couple:-)

• Visited July 2011