“Excellent location for outdoor activity” 4 of 5 stars

Middelfart Resort & KonferenceCenter
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Oddevejen 8, Middelfart 5500, Denmark   |
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Middelfart
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Excellent location for outdoor activity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

A this time of year - late September - the resort is quiet, and with plenty of space on the premises and in the indoor pool. Less than 10 of the 220 house were occupied. We enjoyed the excellent location with the beautiful coastline, the deerpark and the forrest just outside the resort.
The houses are simple but functional and it worked well for us. With the large sliding door to the livingroom and the private area outside, I believe that it would also be nice for a summer vacation. Plenty of space on the premises where children can play.
The reception was very helpful in supplying extra kitchen utensils as needed.

Room Tip: Bungalows close to the reception are also closest to pools and restaurant, bungalows to the NW are i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Vellinge, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel looks like it was built in the 70's but then they have painted everything inside white so on the surface and on pictures online it looks new. You rent a small vacation house, two bedrooms, combined living room/kitchen. Furniture are the cheapest and the most uncomfortable you can find, TVs hardly work and are really old. Kitchen has been updated.

The cleaning was really bad, there were dirt, stains and hair from previous guests everywhere, on beds, in bathrooms etc. I guess they had not cleaned under the bed for at least a year because there was so much dirt. My pillow were about 2 cm thick, I found a “new” in a closet but there were hair on that one. Bathrooms are from the 70's and really worn down with mold in corners. Our toilet would not stop making sounds. There are only thin white curtains in the windows so it lights up early in summertime. Reception desk is open from 9-18. We tried their grilled buffet one evening, according to their information it was supposed to be fish and weal but it was only meat…

We had an issue with a fault in our refrigerator so it keep us up both nights (it started to beep every second hour and you had to go up and reset it, there were a note on the refrigerator’s door who told you how to solve the problem so I guess this was a common problem…). Next morning I contacted the reception and wanted to change room or be able to check out and find another hotel (and only pay for one night) but that was not possible. They sent a handy man who did what I had done and it worked a few hours but then started again. Hotel manager told me all this was my own fault, either I had not closed the door (which I had) or I had overloaded it (I had not, it was almost empty) and I should have phoned their emergency number that I could have found on one of the 20 papers I got when I checked in (reception personnel did not inform me about this emergency number when I complained after the first night). My second e-mail to management has not been answered.
Due to lack of sleep our vacation that was our way to celebrate our son's 10th birthday was totally ruined. We had planned to visit Legoland which we did but we only had strength to stay a few hours and then we drove back home to Sweden get some sleep.
Outdoor pool is ok but very cold.
Surroundings and especially Middelfart town are beautiful but that does not help much when your vacation house is this bad.

Room Tip: Do not make a reservation, book at another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hampshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed in a two-bedroomed bungalow - only for one night - but it was very well equipped, and surrounded by open space. Very safe for kids as cars only allowed on periphery. Outdoor pool looked great (although not open yet - too cold) and there is a smaller indoor pool. Loads of kids activities, like playground, mini-golf, access to beach and so on. Staff very helpful, and allowed us an early check-in as had very early morning flight from UK and the six year old with us was tired. Would be happy to stay there again for longer. Only minor complaint - no hair dryer in the bungalow, and didn't have time to trek across to reception to ask for one.

Room Tip: Bungalows are great for families as there is a spacious living area with TV, good sized bedrooms and...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Middelfart Resort & KonferenceCenter? Share your experiences!