“Was thrilled to enter, ecstatic to leave” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 82 Restaurants in Volos
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Los Angeles
“Was thrilled to enter, ecstatic to leave”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Out with couples, we decided to stop in because it looked different from the outside. We are used to the prices of Athens and the 10€ drinks but there is no reason this locale should be charging these prices especially without a view of the shoreline at least. I know what you are thinking, we could have easily gotten up and left but we are the type of people to give people a chance and WOW! us. I asked for a Hurricane. All the alcohol was right there on the shelf as I eyeballed it. My wife ordered a Chapagne fizzy drink with Cognac, our friends ordered a Passion Love and some other drink I cannot recall but it was supposed to be berry. Waitress comes back and tells us that a Hurricane cannot be made and I just glare...Fine...I order the Autumn...10 minutes I was told that could not be made either while my wife and our friends received their drinks. I ordered the Blood and Sand then...I waited 20 minutes for that drink. Since I was waiting, the rest of the table decided it was impolite to drink their cocktails without me having mine. The drinks then warmed up. Mine arrived and we each took a sip and just looked at each other for some sort of praise about each of our respective drinks. There were none. At the end, we each left our drinks but more on what was going on with the ambiance of the bar first. We called over the waitress who brought over the bartender, he brings arrives pre-equipped with a sheet showing all the drinks and their measures and explains to us that they are each made to "perfection". A bartender would never bring a piece of paper for backup, mind you we were not looking for a refund or charity. What he did told me that other patrons do not care for the drinks either and he needs some sort of backup to remove any and all responsibility of below-par drinks that other customers obviously have a problem with. I am a bartender as well, i work with alcohol, I bring imagination, alcohol, and happiness together for other people to enjoy, what he did next raised us up and then slammed us back down in disgust. He said he will make us some drinks of his own imagination. He had the waitress deliver 4 shots of Absolut vodka. I just looked at it as did my wife and poured the vodka into my water glass, we paid and left, with zero tip. To tell us you are going to make a drink to appease our slight unhappiness with the drinks you just charged us 9€ each for....you do NOT go and pour four cheap vodka shots, you go in the back, you get your cocktail shaker, you put in some pineapple juice, mix in some Captain Morgan, a little bit of 7-up...Shake it up....pour it out and sprinkle cinnamon over each of the shots. Total time lost in a bar with 9 people in it, two minutes. I wouldn't ever visit here here again, I also wouldn't even attempt at re-creating these half-assed drinks they try to portray as war-time favorites.

• Visited March 2013