“Excellent view, lack of luxury, terrible roadway.” 3 of 5 stars

Skiathos Panorama Rooms & Apartments
Pounda-Skiathos, Greece   |
Ranked #60 of 101 Skiathos B&B and Inns
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Excellent view, lack of luxury, terrible roadway.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Hotel located just 5 mins driving from city market, at hill full of trees, has one of best view of gulf and new port of city center. Roadway to hotel is terrible and dangerous. Room is nice and extremely clean, has typically cheap hotel furnitures and decoration. Balcony is huge, I think bigger than room. There is no breakfast and wifi, TV set is just for decoration since is tuned just in 3 stations with bad reception. Has Aircondition, which is necessary cause if you want to avoid noise from night bars, you have to firmly close balcony door and start AC. I suggest this hotel for those who does not prefer luxury.

• Stayed August 2012

Families
Solo
Business
  • Greek first
north shields, united kingdom.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

This was our first time to Skiathos and we stayed at the panorama hotel for two weeks. We booked it as a package holiday and although it was slightly more expensive it was well worth the extra cost. The staff were extremely helpful and our room which was number 28 was just right. It was cleaned every day and was always kept spotless.The food was always fresh and the portions you were served were more than ample. Breakfast was self service and the choice was fine.
There was just enough beds around the pool for guests but access to the numerous surrounding beaches was fine. I would recomend Mandraki beach and Elias beach to anyone that was looking for a slightly quieter time. The main Koukanaries beaches are great but they tend to cater for the younger trendier crowds, but still worth a visit. The only downside of the holiday is there is not much to do other than eat at the evenings.
Overall i would judge the Panorama Hotel very highly and i would certainly go back if i was looking for a chill out holiday.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
athens
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

I would like to write about my experience with this hotel. These are the owners of Panorama and Ariadni, two different places.
I didn't stay at the hotel. I tried to book a room and the experience ended there.
I don't know if this relevant to everyone, but I tried to book directly with them. They requested for an advance payment of the first two nights. I had to make a bank transfer to a greek bank they had an account with.
They told me that I would have to make the payment the next day or the day after that. I made the payment on the second day and called them up to verify that they received it and everything is fine. They asked me to fax the receipt of payment. I did that and called them up again. They said they couldn't see whether I had sent a fax, because they were not by the fax machine... A few hours later they called me and said there was no room for the dates I requested. They offered different dates as if my holidays are negotiable.
The incompetence comes in the name of the person I dealt with: Rania.
I am now waiting for them to pay my advance payment back.
If you decide to stay there during a busy period, ensure they don't give your room away while you are in the process of finalizing your booking.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Skiathos Panorama Rooms & Apartments? Share your experiences!