“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Poros
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Spent a long weekend in Poros with my wife and two kids, staying at the Poros Image - former Xenia Hotel. The hotel has been refurbished: new bathroom, new tiles and furniture and a very dependable air conditioning unit, which we made good use as temperatures reached over 39Celcius over the weekend. The view of Poros town and bay is fantastic! Small private beach is OK - beware of the very expensive beach bar!!! If you decide not to sleep with the windows closed and the airconditioning, make sure you have mosquito repellent - our first night we half slept trying to deal with them. Breakfast is full although I would like a more "local" picture with specialties and not just the standard stuff you find in every hotel all over the world! A wedding took place on Saturday and the reception took place at the private beach - we were not disturbed at all by the party. The reception staff and breakfast staff very friendly.
All in all a good stay - although if you have young children and plan to stay for more than a weekend, I would suggest you look for studios-apartments which are a lot cheaper.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
Penrith, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We have just arrived home after our second fortnights stay at this hotel. We had a brilliant time once again!!! The views from the rooms and the veranda are out of this world. You look across the bay onto Poros Town and whether its day or night the view still amazes me with its beauty. The hotels private beach is just a very short walk which also comprises of a beach bar, sunloungers, tables and chairs. The beach bar wasnt open while we were there this time with it being beginning of the season but you can still get service from the hotel brought down to you. Kudos to all the staff who are very friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have a great holiday!!! The leisurely walk into Poros Town takes around 30mins or a short taxi ride, You will pass many taverns along the way or in the town itself which all serve brillaint tasty food with also great service. My husband and I love this place so much we are going back in september/october with our children.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend in this hotel. It was our first time in Poros. The hotel is located in a quiet side of the island not too far from the city center. The view is breathtaking and service is
outstanding.
When we were looking for a a ride to the city, Max was more than willing to drive us there. In fact he stepped in as we were asking the front desk for a ride. He and my husband were chatting in the car and my husband happened to mention that we were going to celebrate our anniversary in a few days.
When we arrived back in the hotel there was a complimentary bottle of wine from Max who, apparently is the new Manager of the hotel. Excellent service. The effort he put into remembering the date and making us feel special is something we will always remember. But it did not end there.
The next day at breakfast, we were trying to find the wifi signal so my husband could catch the game. Max happened to be in the breakfast area. A few minutes later, one of the staff from the front desk handed my husband a folder and inside was a print out of the game scores and stats. Its little gestures and attention to detail like these that makes a person want to come back to a place.
One MUST TRY the restaurant in the city called Taverna Poseidon. It belongs to George. He has the BEST grilled sardines and octopus ever! This restaurant was also recommended to us by Max.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

The hotel is fantastic, the view magnificent, and the service is very very good. Special mention to the newly appointed hotel manager Tilemahos Nikoletatos. I've never seen in my whole traveling experience, such an excellent and good manager. He took care of every minor detail and treated each and every one customer as if he were unique!! Not only he made sure that every request we had would be satisfied, but his whole attitude and approach was so unbelievably human. Nothing like a "cold professional", although he did his job better than many other professional managers i've met, by far. We'll never forget our Easter vacations we had there 20 days ago, and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ATHENS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I returned home today, and my memory is still lingering on the marvelous weekend (Easter weekend) at "Poros Image", an excellently situated and lusciously spacious hotel that I have been staying many times in the past, but this visit was the first after 6 years or so.The new experience was breathtaking, because the hotel, under new management, has reached the top of my travel scale of excellence --and I travel a lot! I travel on my wheelchair, but nearly all rooms in the Poros Image are more than spacious for my movement. Even so, the manager, a young man I met for the first time, kindly offered me a free drink at the hotel bar, to have the time to prepare for me a room better than the one I had booked, as a friendly treat to an old customer. The new room was bigger, one of its walls was glass and gave to the sea in all its splendour!
At the after-dinner Easter party, the manager, Mr Telemachos Nicoletatos, shared with me his table, in front of the musicians' duet (guitar and accordeon) who were singing songs popular with the audience, who occasionally sang along--and so did I too! The manager offered me a bottle of wine, and raised his glass to the health of his guests. I could see that all guests had the friendly attention from the manager and the service personel.
I have never been more welcomed in any other hotel in my life, from Beijing to London. They had guessed what was needed, before I asked.
When I said that I had not had a return to Pireaus ship ticket and I was tired to go yet another time to Poros port, Mr Nicoletatos not only arranged for a reception lady to book for me a ticket by phone (Thank You, Janiss!),but also to buy for me the ticket and have it delivered for me at the hotel!

This hotel's prices are a real offer for these qualities--prices that one expects for a stay at a small family hotel!

In a few words, the hotel is superb (it is one of the most magnificent of the Xenia Hotels chain, that were built by the Greek state on the best spots of the most idyllic landscapes in all Greece), now privately owned, but always privileged in situ; and now the Poros Image has the inspired management that can give it the spirit and feel of superiority, matching its position and its class, and give the traveller the comfort and warmth of appreciation. If you travel this way,don't miss it!

Room Tip: Rooms the the sea are breathtaking, but rooms to the garden are as comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Nicosia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family and I reserved two rooms and stayed at this hotel for the Easter Holidays and IT WAS THE WORST VACATION WE HAVE EVER HAD.

First of all the hotel was used by the owners as their own vacation house.

The first afternoon we arrived and went to the lobby cafeteria, to have a cup of coffee and maybe a bite to eat, the one and only waiter did not even acknowledge our existence but instead kept running back and forth attending to the needs of a big table where many friends and family of the owners were sitting. Their kids were running all around the place screaming and bumping on people, chairs and tables but the manager who was present did nothing as these were the bosses. It took over an hour to get our coffee. We asked for maybe a cookie or anything of the kind for our daughters but we were informed that they had nothing. From there on it only got worse.

I will make a list of the rest of the problems we faced during the next just one and a half day:

1) My parents room flooded twice (their slippers on the side of the bed were soaked through) with what could have only been sewer water (it stank) but they refused to move them to another room even though the hotel was almost empty.

2) There were dangerous bugs in the rooms and a lot of mosquitoes that absolutely ravaged my daughter's face causing a major allergic reaction

3) There was hair on the breakfast bacon and cheese

4) A glass was chipped and my daughter almost cut her lips.

5) There was not adequate bedding, just one small blanket that didn't fit the bed. We stayed two nights none of which we sleeped.

6) They served tap water which in Poros is not suitable for drinking

6) The managerial stuff and owners were rude and sarcastic.

It will come as no surprise that In the end we just had to leave early.

IT WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST HOTEL STAY WE HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

excellent location by a very well organized own beach having a very nice view of picturesque Poros.Personel very helpful, breakfast typical but a little bit boring

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Xenia Poros Image Hotel? Share your experiences!