“Excellent grilled meats, outrageous delays” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 62 Restaurants in Poros
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Athens, Greece
“Excellent grilled meats, outrageous delays”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner last night at Dimitris' . Took a while to get there, but the walk through Poros town narrow streets was rewarding in its own right, so that was no trouble.
We reached the restaurant -we hadn't booked a table, which seems to be a necessity- and we were given the menus. I was pleasantly surprised from the prices and from the portions I could see on the other tables. Huge, by any standards. We ordered our starters, salad and meats and waited. After 15 minutes our wine arrived. After another 15 minutes our starters arrived. By that time, of course, I was so hungry I could eat the plates. We kept on waiting for the salad and our meats. Our meats arrived after a total of 1 hour (!!) and after we protested we were told that "Well, we're busy". After we asked about the salad, the waitress awkwardly told us "oh, right, the salad" and it was brought to us after another 10 minutes.
So, starters: half an hour. Meats: one hour. Salad: one hour and 10 minutes.
I can't fault their food (apart from the "Dimitris" salad which was warm and mediocre) which was grilled to perfection and really tasty. But their service was appalling. And no apology either, not even a "we're sorry" treat.

Although I liked the food, I won't be going there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
“The steak is huge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

One of the greatest reataurant i have ever visit. Good work george ....keep walking see you soon !!!

• Visited July 2012
Moscow, Russia
“Soul's paradise is on the heaven, stomack's is at the Dimitris taverna!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Definetely the best place to eat on the Earth! Great kitchen, awesome service, friendly atmosphere! I would rename Poros to Dimitris's island! I am coming!

• Visited May 2013
Athens, Greece
“Best meet ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great quality and quantity of food especially meat, Try beef or pork meat with the extension. Recommended!! Very logical prices..

West Lothian
“Para Poli Ohreo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Been a regular to this reastaurant since it opened in 1979 (Not 1980, Dimitri). Photo we gave you was 1980 and that was our second year visiting Poros and your fantastice restaurant. Can I say the food just gets better and better and its great to see your children turning into exemplary young adults so efficient and courteus.