I took my wife and two sons, both in their 20s, hoping that a Neilson Activity holiday would suit us all. Well it did and considerably exceeded my expectations.
The hotel was spotlessly clean thanks to a small army of locals who kept it that way, we paid extra for a sea view but it was worth it.
What really made the holiday was the staff. Everyone was so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Those running the activities looked a bit young but they all knew what they were doing and were so helpful and encouraging, even to those with little talent or aptitude.
My wife was nervous about the holiday as she is not normally an active person and thought that she might get bored. This was definitely not the case and she joined in with many of the gentler activities and even the waterskiing. Sally, their fitness instructor was amazing having about 8 sessions of different sorts each day ranging from an 8 mile run to the top of a local mountain to the stretch and relax by the sea at the end of the day, with lots inbetween. Since my return my running friends have noticed how much fitter I have become - thanks Sally! My boys particularly enjoyed the sailing and windsurfing tuition, both gaining RYA qualifications. Jack and Emma got me through my basic windsurfing qualification so they must have been good! I am not a natural sailor.
I frequently get tummy upsets on foriegn holidays but everything was spotless and the food absolutely perfect for me most of the time. All of the buffet type meals had a good choice of tasty food. The full board upgrade meals were OK but a bit pub meal ish for my tastes.
The only non positive points was that the spa, although good, was UK prices and the bar was UK hotel prices. Not too much of an issue for me but my wife ran up a substantial spa bill and my boys managed a bar bill of about £800.
It was one of my best holidays ever and we want to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Proud winner of the a 2012 Travelers Choice award for Relaxation and Spa hotels. Accommodation at Neilson Portomyrina Palace is split between rooms in the main hotel and rooms located throughout the gardens. All rooms were refurbished in 2011 with contemporary en-suite bath or shower and air-conditioning, mini fridge, safe, hairdryer, telephone, TV and balcony or terrace. All rooms are large enough to take a cot. Rooms with seaview are available for a supplement.There is a range of accommodation options with Twin, Double, Family Rooms and Suites.Suites have a bedroom with double bed, en-suite bath and/or shower and balcony with a further lounge area separated by a door with sofa bed and a second balcony. These suites are suitable for three adults or two adults with two children.Inter-connecting rooms sleeping up to 4 people consist of two individual rooms with twin or double beds, each with their own bathroom and balcony or terrace. These rooms sleep a minimum of 3 and maximum of 4 people.Several rooms are designed with maximum accessibility in mind. Doorways and bathrooms are configured so as to be convenient for those with limited mobility. This approach extends to the lifts and ramps featured around the hotel.Facilities• Stylish and modern reception • Restaurant with indoor dining and alfresco Olive Garden courtyard • On-site shop selling all essentials for children and adults • Elemis spa • Alfresco pool-side bistro • elegant lounge bar with fantastic views • stylish pool bar and terrace • large outdoor pool • adult only indoor pool • separate children’s pool and play area with climbing frames and slides for Children. Neilson run children's clubs are available all season for children aged 4 months to 17 years.MealsClub Board - daily breakfast, daily lunch and four evening meals are included per week ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Neilson Portomyrina Palace Beachclub reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Myrina Palace Hotel And Bungalows
- Porto Myrina Palace Lemnos