“Really enjoyed staying here...” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Anatolia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lagkada 13, Thessaloniki 54629, Greece   |
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Thessaloniki
A TripAdvisor Member
“Really enjoyed staying here...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed for our 2 days short Selanik visit with our children. Nice and clean rooms, located in a short walking distance to POIs, small in quantity but delicious breakfast. Enjoyed staying in this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

What can I say after my 4th staying in this amazing hotel?
Simply the best!
I feel there like I am at home!
Thanks once again to a wonderful staff and management who made my stay comfortable and pleasant.

My strong recommendations!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chaniá, Khania, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We just returned from our trip from Thessaloniki. Everything was great but the hotel. I chose it because it was a 4 star hotel. Nevertheless I didn't recognize why it has to be in this category.
Before our arrival I had asked for a nice, quiet room, with daylight. I was told that for our first day we had to stay in a room with only a window and if we wanted we could change room the next day and have one with a balcony.
When we arrived at the hotel, there was no one to help us with our luggage and to take us in our room. But I have to say that the man at the reception was polite and the check-in quick. We entered the room to realize that we didn't have towels, shampoo and shower gel. I called the reception and a lady from the housekeeping department brougt everything. When I asked the reception if we could change room the next day I was told that there was no such possibility. I insisted that the reservations manager had told me that we could change but they didn't want to help me...
The most dissapointing part of our stay occured in the morning. We woke up and had breakfast. I can assure you that it reminds a breakfast in a 3 star hotel with basic food and beverages. Afterwards we returned in our room and discovered that there was NO WATER.
I called immediately in the reception. They told me that there was a problem and there was no water all around the area of the hotel. I asked them when they were expecting to inform us and the girl told me that they just found it out and that we wouldn't have water for the next 6 hours.
I asked for the front office manager.I was indignant since there was no water and we couldn't even wash our hands. He started shouting that they couldn't do anything and he told me that all these years he is working in this hotel it was the first time that this happened. But a few minutes later while we continued talking, he told me that last week they had the same problem.
What I want to mention and what I already told them is that I can't understand how a 4 star hotel doesn't have an alternative supply of water so as to avoid such problems.
We left from the hotel and returned quite late in the afternoon. When we returned in the room, we again didn't have towels!
Moreover, the hotel is in a terrible area of Thessaloniki. Too crowded. We were walking up in the morning from loud noises. From the window we could see only old, destroyed buildings (you can see the photos I have attached).
Generally, the hotel is clean and renovated. The staff is trying but I believe that they don't work with high standards. The housekeeping keeps forgetting things and they keep the elevators busy, so you have to wait for quite long to use one. A 3-nights stay was enough to be determined that I would choose it again with difficulty. For sure not a 4-star hotel and stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AnatoliaManager, General Manager at Hotel Anatolia, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Mrs Vera K,

Thank you very much for your review and please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort caused during your stay. I would like to inform you that concerning your reservation we had no prior special request for a room with a balcony noted. Also please understand that requests are allocated upon availability and unfortunatelly the days you were visiting the hotel was full and thus we had no room with balcony available. Concerning the water cut in the wider area this was due to maintenance works and unfortunatelly the Water Supply Company had not informed us of it beforehand. We very very seldomly have water cuts in our hotel. Your comment though for water tanks has been taken into account and we plan to incorporate it in our capital improvement budget for early 2014.
wizard of essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Basically, there is little wrong with this hotel. Although the immediate area around it is rundown, the city centre is only 15 minutes walk away. Our room was situated to the rear of the building and was of a decent size, clean and functional. The Breakfast room/Restaurant also serves as the bar. The food served, both at breakfast and on the one occasion we ate here in the evening, was ok without being inspiring. The service at reception was friendly, but hampered by the fact that so many service industries had closed due to the recession. The hotel could not find a coach trip for us or for that matter, inform us where the tourist information office could be found. National bus stations can be found on the outskirts of the city and a E6 cab ride will take you to them. From these, a variety of towns can be visited. Kavala, an old Macedonian port is about 2 hours drive away, but well worth a look.
Thessaloniki appears to be suffering badly from the effects of the financial crisis in Greece. The castle area on the high ground overlooking the city is interesting, as are the myriad of Byzantine churches. Many of the shops are empty and some of those remaining seem to be struggling. From the tourist point of view, this has resulted in the very good restaurants offering fine food are great value compared other parts of the country. The cuisine here is better than any that I have found elsewhere in Greece. The best area to eat seems to in the square nearest to the port.
The Hotel Anatolia is a decent base for a holiday in Thessaloniki, but if you want to see the rest of Macedonia, my advice would be to hire a car.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location, 15 mins walk from the center. The staff are excellent, particularly the reception . A small lobby and restaurant on the ground floor but adequate. The rooms are very clean and fresh. We had a very enjoyable stay here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. There is a supermarket next door.

The location of the hotel was not very pleasant and I did not feel safe coming back after dark

Room Tip: Rooms facing inner yard are very quiet, but there is no sun.