“Super nice tasting tour!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 31 Activities in Thessaloniki
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat and Walk your way through Thessaloniki, learn all about the gastronomical history of the city, visit the oldest food markets and taste the famous local delicacies. This unique experience offers a number of choices: follow the standard tour or extend the tasting pleasure with a cooking class, a focused tasting or even a real Greek feast. For foodies or not, this walk will satisfy all five of your senses.
Oslo, Norway
“Super nice tasting tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Super great tour ! Best to take the tour is beginning of your stay . You get so many knowledges about Thessaloniki cuisine and history. After that tour you are much more smarter where or what to eat and where to go :) That was the most intresting and best tour in Salonica.

Visited September 2012

• Greek first
18 attraction reviews
“buy, eat and walk in thessaloniki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

the great program , many stores , incluted the best brands with best prices , excelents restaurants and the beatiful an excited greek people a lot in all places !!

Visited September 2012
Boerne, Texas
“Too fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I took a tour of this beautiful city last month with Sotiria, and I think she finally changed his view of "tours". We would never have had the same impression of Thessaloniki had we not walked the streets with her. The beginning was a fun taste of Greek coffee that she made for us, followed by an intriguing fortune telling at the end of your cup. The markets and shops that she took us to were colorful, interesting, and unique. My favorite was the cheese shop with organic cheese of all varieties...no preservatives and very tasty. I also finally tasted octopus that I enjoyed after 3 failed attempts at different locations in Greece. Sotiria was extremely personable and helpful. I would recommend this tour for anyone that wants to get a true taste of all that Thessaloniki has to offer.

Visited July 2012
Cairo, Egypt
“A different food tour!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

It was amazing for me to explore the gastronomical history of Thessaloniki in such a relaxing atmosphere.
We start our tour in a beautiful place, where cooking lessons for amateurs take place, having Greek coffee, sweet , savory pies and learning about the gastronomical history of the town. The slideshow on the back round was very helpful.
The fortune telling of the Greek coffee afterwards was a interesting revealing for me!!
Then we left the cooking school and started our walk to the historical center. Sotiria made a very good selection of tasting stops. Ouzo, cheeses, pies, refreshments and many other tasty Greek products. We were not tired , the tour lasted about 3 hours, and we had the time to explore, shop and feel the Greek aromas of the old markets.
A complete food tour, i would thank my Greek friends Anna and Makis who suggested the EatandWalk.

Visited June 2012
Stuttgart, Germany
3 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

For starters, it was teeming rain, so there wasn't much else to do that day. We made the trip downtown. Santoria was great about communicating beforehand and explaining everything to us. It started off indoors where we drank Greek/Turkish Coffee and pastries. A slideshow played in the background while she taught us the history of greek cuisine and of thessaloniki. She was very knowledgable and there was no question couldn't answer. She was also very accomodating of our 3 1/2 year old son. Then we left the "cooking club" and set off for the markets. Every place she took was really interesting and tasty. She even went back with us afterwards and helped us purchase some cheese from one of the shops. I also went back and purchased some olives and fruits from the markets she showed us. I was happy she was willing to do the tour just for my family. (3 of us). The other eating tour in Thessaloniki wouldnt' allow children under 6 so this is the obvious choice if you have small children.

Visited May 2012