I was last week in Thessaloniki for a couple of days, as a member of the jury for the international film festival and i had the chance to stay at Macedonia Palace.
Well this is an amazing hotel in an amazing city. I have already been a couple of times in Athens and the islands but Thessaloniki is a find! Great architercture, modern buildings together with art deco-fin de siecle mansions and byzantine and roman monuments. Food was great, much cheaper than in Athens. The city oozes a unique atmoshere, something you dont easily find in other european big cities, sth between european civilasation together with middle eastern and ancient greek influences.
The hotel is definately the best option in city. 15 minutes walk to the center and more importantly away from any noice (be aware! the hotels in the Aristotelous Sqr might be noicy in the lower floors!).
The room was elegant and big with comfty beds, the bathroom well apointed with great toiletries. Breakfast was awesome, huge and with many local delicacies which escape the typical 5* breakast. But most of all, the hotel is privileged of a unique position with unbelievable- i mean it- views to teh sea and the city.
Waking up in the morning and staring at this view was a life time experience.....
- Also Known As:
- Makedonia Palace - Classical Hotel Thessaloniki
- Makedonia Palace - Classical Hotel
- Makedonia Palace Classical Hotel
- Hotel Makedonia Palace Classical
- Macedonia Palace
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Makedonia Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.