“HOTEL "MAKEDONIA PALACE " - OUR SECOND HOME” 5 of 5 stars

Makedonia Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2, M Alexandrou Ave, Thessaloniki 54640, Greece   |
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Thessaloniki
Sofia, Bulgaria
“HOTEL "MAKEDONIA PALACE " - OUR SECOND HOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We are back from our 20 days holiday in Greece and one special part of our time from 22.08.2013 till 02.09.2013, we spent as alwyas till now in "Makedonia Palace"! We feel this one Hotel as if, as, it is - our second home for us and that is, what we feel realy everytime, when we are stayng there! We had as always a great time in the Hotel, great hospitality, great attention and special atitude to us with my boyfriend George on behalf of all our friends there - Mr. Perikli Magoulas, Mr. Perikli Vogiatzis, Dimitri Lazarou, Georgia, Olga and Popi, who did their best for us - special welcome gift in our room, special gift for George's Birtday at 29.08.2013, special Coffe Break on behalf of Mr. Babis for my group of 35 persons on 2nd of September'2013 in the Lobby and at the Terrace of the Hotel! They are so nice and so kind with us always and because of these amasing people, we are going everytime in this one Hotel! I was very happy to see again Mrs. Maria Laspidou, to meet the Director of Sales Mr. Konstantinos Zdralis and especialy, I am very happy for the special responce on behalf of the General Manager of Hotel "Makedonia Palace" - Mr. George Spyropoulos to my previous / first / revue from 20.05.2013! Dear Mr. G. Spyropoulos, I am very impressed, that you are writing and responding to all your clients, who has published revues about "Makedonia Palace in Trip Advisor! I beleive, that, with such one great atitude to all the clients and with this one type of Managment of al the Hotel and the staff, Hotel "Makedonia Palace" will be always the greatest place in Thessaoniki for all your clients!and all the people, who are visisting Thessaloniki! I would like to wish to all the great people from "Makedonia Palace" lots of health, happiness, love and prosperity in their personal and their proffesional life! THANK YOU FOR ALL, DEAR FRIENDS!!! BEST REGARDS, Milena Bratzova & Georgi Barbudov, 10.09.2013, Sofia , Bulgaria!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice - the city view is also very nice, but if are see lovers, choose sea view roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GS_General_Manager, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Makedonia Palace, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your warm comments regarding your visit at Makedonia Palace.

Your hotel review make us to feel stronger and more efficient to our professional role which is to serve our clients with the best possible way.

We are glad to hear that we contributed positively to the success of your recent stay in Thessaloniki.

We are mostly pleased to learn that you were satisfied with our staff's great attitude, the hotel facilities and services offered.

Your positive input will be communicated to all head of hotel departments , which they will appreciate for sure!

Once again, many thanks.

Look forward to welcoming you back here at the Makedonia Palace in the near future.

George Spyropoulos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rabat, Morocco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great king size bed, clean and the breakfast is well detailed. However, taking into account the level of the hotels in Tunisia, Hammamet, or Morocco Marrakech, the hotel should not be rated 5 stars. 4 stars at the most would be ok.

Room Tip: See to get a room with view at the see
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
GS_General_Manager, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Makedonia Palace, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

At first, I would like to personally thank you for choosing Makedonia Palace Hotel for your recent stay in Thessaloniki. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay and I am looking forward to meeting you during your next visit.

As we are continually trying to improve our services, I greatly appreciate the time you spent to write your comments on TripAdvisor website.

Your written feedback regarding your recent stay is very constructive for the hotel since guest satisfaction is a top priority issue for the hotel management.

It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope to see you again soon at Makedonia Palace Hotel.

Nea Moudania, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

a perfectly located hotel with excellent sea view .nowadays there are some works taking place right outside causing both noise and eyesore but hopefully they will give way to an improved seafront !friendly staff and polite people !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Big clean rooms.
Great sea view.
Big variety in breakfast and good quality
Friendly and polite people.
Swimming pool area old fashion.
One parking can be difficult some times but you have the choice of the hotel parking but it will cost 15 per day.

• Stayed August 2013

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Gorgeously located hotel, just on the main beach boulevard of the city and in the coast line, location couldn't be better. Great restaurant for a nice dinner in its seafood restaurant with a beautiful outdoor terrace to enjoy delicious Greek sea food. But what really caught my attention: the fast, polite and costumer focus check in service. We got there tired after a long road trip from Turkey and the ladies at the reception counter just handed out the keys to our rooms for us to go freshen up, get comfortable, and take care of IDs and credit card info later...that was highly appreciated and should be a standard for so many high quality hotels! Also check our was quick and efficient, no more than 5 minutes per customer...hats off!!
Breakfast was also good, plenty of choices and very nice coffees to choose from. Overall a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Definitely rooms with sea views are spectacular, the highest the floor the better of course. If you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Kosice, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed 8 days in Makedonia Palace hotel.Although the hotel needs some renovations, especially the facade , it has a million dollar view. The hotel staff is absolutely fabulous, respectful, polite, professional and very kind. They would do everything to make you feel like a king. The hotel suites are wonderful and no hotel in Thessaloniki has a sea view like Makedonia Palace . Special thanks to Mr.Periklis who made our holidays one of the best in our life.All my respect to amazing people working in Makedonia Palace. And there is the best sea food restaurant in town with 7 star service. We will always stay in Makedonia Palace when we visit Thessaloniki. Thank you Makedonia Palace for giving us unforgetable time and making us feel very special. We cant wait to be back :-D

Room Tip: Sea view will take your breath away
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days as a layover Good hotel but since Grecotel dumped the property it is no longer maintained Good room with sea view 8th floor but the rooms have not changed since I used to stay here every year when they were a Grecotel property rooms with stained carpets lampshades old televisions rather than flat screens and no coffee/tea making facilities Wifi throughout hotel is good free and unlocked so unlike Hilton Athens no constant being logged out and having to re-sign Pool is good for Saloniki. especially if you compare it to the toddler pool at the Electra Palace Blaring American music which suits Saloniki well is a negative at the pool
Breakfast is average buffet and hot items are cold. This hotel gives itself 5 Stars I give it 3 It was 5 Star years ago as a Grecotel property and then it joined Luxury Hotels Of The World Now its an independant 3 Star
Really all if you want a Greek experience visit Israel I hear more Greek music at beach bars in Tel Aviv and see better maintained. museums churches etc in Israel than I do in Greece Greece has lost the plot and its time to vote with your feet/wallet When you arrive at Ben Gurion you are greeted in the Arrivals hall by an ancient mosaic "Καλοκερια" Try that in Greece. And Greek diaspora are treated way better in Israel than in Greece.

Room Tip: Sea View. high floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Makedonia Palace Hotel

Been to Makedonia Palace? Share your experiences!