“Great view of the city and excellent facilities and personnel.” 5 of 5 stars

Makedonia Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2, M Alexandrou Ave, Thessaloniki 54640, Greece   |
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Thessaloniki
New York City, New York
“Great view of the city and excellent facilities and personnel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

When I decided to stay at Makedonia Palace was in spring 2013 due to the fact that it was close to the center [with a 5min distance by bus] and its exquisite personnel. The sea view room I had was the best way to enjoy my breakfast while watching the sun and the Leukos Pirgos

The restaurant and buffet are a 5-star recommendation and the personnel was exceptional with outstanding customer service. Once you visit Thessaloniki, visit Makedonia Palace...!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GS_General_Manager, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Makedonia Palace, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

At first, I would like to personally thank you for choosing Makedonia Palace Hotel for your recent stay in Thessaloniki. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay and I am looking forward to meeting you during your next visit.

As we are continually trying to improve our services, I greatly appreciate the time you spent to write your comments on TripAdvisor website.

Your written feedback regarding your recent stay is very constructive for the hotel since guest satisfaction is a top priority issue for the hotel management.

It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope to see you again soon at Makedonia Palace Hotel.

Makedonia Palace Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last month for fourth time and I enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel combines for me a great location, you can walk to a long promenade that takes you to town and enjoy a lovely meal or drink by the water. Not far from town at all even the shopping district. I would recommend a room with sea view and on a high floor.
The staff were really helpful from the reception guys I can remember Pantelis really helpful with recommendations for our meals,visiting sights,directions, big fan of Man United!!! He also arranged for us to have our breakfast a little later than the breakfast time cause we overslept.
The breakfast was very tasty loads of choice from traditional Greek things like halva to different types of breads eggs etc. You can even order a frappe for your morning breakfast and have it outside in the veranda - patio area.
The rooms were maybe slightly dated but I don't mind their deco at all and I'm bored of all these trendy minimal cold type hotels anyway. I would definitely go back to Makedonia Palace and stay there again. I'm actually going back in September for two days.

• Stayed June 2013

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

There's hardly anything negative about my stay in Makedonia Palace. Location takes your breath away - as it's located on the harbour, service is exquisite, facilities to the highest standards and food is like any other top restaurant's. Bonus: I had the chance to see Colin Farrel as he stayed on the same floor as me! So you might even come across a celebrity there, who knows.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Pissouri, Cyprus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel smacks at 'luxury' but in our opinion needs some serious updating. We only visited for a day but found the staff to be completely disinterested, the location to be poor & the pool area to be rather 'retro' to say the least.
The hotel is in a residential area & is surrounded by ugly high rise apartment blocks on one side and there is also extensive works going on to refurbish the sea front; causing non-access to the promenade & a lot of dust!
The prices of food & drink in the hotel are excessive & they only seem bothered about pleasing their Russian guests - there is even a fur shop in the lobby which we found offensive & a disgusting example of greed!
There are much nicer hotels in Thessaloniki & at better price too. The Met Hotel would get our vote!

• Stayed July 2013

Rijeka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Although the rooms are little small, and should perhaps be renewed with a little more modern furniture, everything else makes this hotel a wonderful experience.
Beautiful location next to the sea comes to the fore in the morning and at dusk when you can experience a beautiful view of the city and the bay.
The city center is a few minutes walk along the coast where there is a variety of restaurants and cafes. Or parallel streets where a lot of shops and boutiques.
A special experience is the breakfast which is very rich and all the hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
Strongly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Agios Nikolaos, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

As a result of our vacation in thessaloniki only excellent reviews we have to share with you..our stay in makedonia palace was pleasant and relaxing ...the reception was very helpful and always pleasant ..the hotel provides more than we paid for which is very affordable ...an extra thank you to our very helpfull friend periklis that went out of his way to make our stay unforgettable..the service and over the top buffet was just perfect...we are definitely going to be repeaters in this hotel soon all the respect to the hard working staff..ps ..the hotel was literally in the town..

Room Tip: Top floors have breath taking views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Larnaca, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Makedonia Palace is probably the oldest and most traditional hotel in Thessaloniki, but, unfortunately now it does not live up to its reputation. Last month, my husband and I stayed there for a couple of days and were quite disappointed, especially by our room. It was unnecessarily packed with old furniture thus limiting space to the minimum. We had to hop over our suitcase to go from the room to the balcony or to the bathroom! Fortunately, the bed was great and we did have a good night's sleep.

On the other hand, the main restaurant is spacious and nicely furnished and the service is good but it's not really the kind of gourmet restaurant we'd expect in a 5-star hotel. What's more the food was just average. The cocktail lounge is very comfortable and cosy and the service is excellent. The public areas are truly elegant and classy and pricing is quite affordable.

We were told by the staff that the hotel was being renovated during our stay, so we had to put up with some...inconvenience. Such a pity no one let us know about the renovations not being completed before booking. Hopefully, when the hotel is fully renovated, it will probably be a 5-star.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room which hasn't been renovated yet!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Makedonia Palace Hotel

Been to Makedonia Palace? Share your experiences!