I stayed in this hotel during a business trip for 4 nights, at the end of February 2014. The hotel is placed, right in the heart of the city and it's really great - but only if you are not driving. If you arrive there by car and you need to park, then you have to pay €17/ day (!!!!) in order to leave the car in a parking near the hotel. Otherwise, you have to search for a parking spot at the roads around the hotel which may mean that one will have to search for at least 15'!!!
On the other hand, about the hotel itself, I think that the 4* rating is only about the looks... The hotel seems to be nice with a contemporary design. However, when one stays in the hotel, will find out that the rooms have no soundproof! I could hear coughing the person staying in the room next to mine! Then, the door... The door had a huge gap between the frame (!!!), which let the light from the corridor to come in during the night!
Then, the receptionist... The person who was at the reception during the morning hours, had a rather arrogant way of talking to the clients.
Overall, I believe that this hotel is nice when one sees it, but not that nice when one stays in it. I don't think that I will stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- City Hotel And Central Spa
- City Hotel & Central Thessaloniki
- City Hotel & Central
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of the Thessaloniki, City Hotel offers 125 rooms & suites for leisure guests and conference facilities for businessmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, HostelWorld, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your City Hotel Thessaloniki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.