“My favourite hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Thessaloniki
Rome, Italy
“My favourite hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I and my partner spend many week ends per year at the Met and it is our favorite way to recover from the working week! The hotel is excellent value for money and a real piece of art. Everything there is impeccable:

1) staff are professional, kind, they all speak a perfect English, and they have always accommodated all our needs. They are also very "pro-active" and really spoil us e.g. they noticed from my passport that I was there on my b-day and they sent a b-day cake to the room. I understand this is a habit for them - how about that?

2) Food is just amazing. The buffet breakfast is in a lovely, spacious and modern room. The food variety is almost overwhelming - you can also have freshly made eggs and omelets of an outstanding quality. When the season allows to do so, breakfast tables are also outside (internal courtyard) and it is very enjoyable. Many amazingly trained staff are there to please all your food requests, paying attention to details e.g. food allergies and special dietetic regimes. The Asian restaurant is indeed expensive BUT the quality of food, the atmosphere and the service make it worth. I highly recommend the whole baby-chicken. Room service is impeccable and the food quality is equally outstanding.

3) Rooms are just perfect. Modern, clean, with amazing bathrooms and lovely paintings/photos on the walls. The view may vary depending on the location but if you are lucky you can sea the old port - which is stunning. Beds are the most comfortable I have ever tried! Movie selection is good, though a little overpriced (some 10/15 EUR per movie).

4) The surroundings are per se nothing special BUT the unique industrial atmosphere makes it unique. Thanks to a free shuttle service provided by the hotel every 30 minutes, customers can reach the centre in max 10 minutes.

5) The hotel provides customers with a valet parking. It is indoor and not expensive - in fairness, I always get it for free due to my being a frequent customer so I cannot give more details about it. In any case, parking in Thessaloniki is hard and very expensive so go for it.

6) When the weather allows to do so (usually, from April to October) the roof swimming pool is a lovely place to be. It is relatively small but pleasant and the view on the city makes it even better.

7) Free gym and indoor swimming pool are good as well. Spa services are a little expensive but very good - I tired a stone massage and it was just perfect!

I highly recommend this hotel and I cannot wait to visiting it again!

Room Tip: Highest floors, ask for sea view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TheMetHotelGM, General Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Madame ,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Met Hotel on your return visits to Thessaloniki and for your recommendation.We are really delighted that our service met your expectations. Satisfaction of our guests, especially the repeater ones, is our primary concern and email like yours show that we are following the right path .

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your valuable comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Met on your next visit to Thessaloniki

Haris N Neofytidis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

''Excellent hotel...very nice rooms...nice service....the breakfast was great...i stay for four days and it was wonderful...i hd a problem with my leg and they help me immediately...the hotel is near the town center...it had bus for the center and back to the hotel every one hour...i will visit it again...chrysiana from cyprus...!!!''

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Madame ,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Met Hotel on your recent visit to Thessaloniki and for your recommendation.We are really delighted that our service met your expectations. Satisfaction of our guests is our primary concern and email like yours show that we are following the right path .

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was there for a business trip. Very nice minimal design, pleasant rooms and exquisite food with good prices (try the sushi). The personnel willing to help and extremely kind. The only disadvantage was that it is a bit isolated from the city center.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Fabulous hotel, luxurious room with amazing glass bathroom, the comfiest bed EVER, wonderful breakfast, amazing room service (the risotto was out of this world) and the fella at the consierge desk (forgot his name but he's a bass player!) was unbelievably friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Haris N N, General Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your warm comments about your stay here at The Met

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit. We are proud that we had the opportunity to contribute to a memorable stay!

Your positive feedback will be communicated to my team and I assure you this will be much appreciated!

Look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Kind regards,

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is my fourth stay, it's always nice to come back to this place. Sure, time has shown its marks on the property but overall it's a great experience to stay at this design hotel. Fantastic beds. Breakfast is still excellent, the staff is super polite and helpful, the spa-gym amenities are great, the limo-bus for the town center is very useful. All in all, 5/5 for me.
I didn't like a private party that was held at the SKY Bar. As I was staying at a high floor, I felt the base thumping through the ceiling for 2-3 hours like a migraine, but thankfully it was over at 12am. Also, the bossy/rude security officer would ask all the guests at the main lobby elevators where they were going. I could tell they were not hotel staff. If the party organizers were worried about gatecrashers, they should have security at the roofgarden and not harass guests at the lobby.

Room Tip: Executive room if possible. They are slightly larger than standard rooms, the natural light is ample...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Close to city center nice rooms and good staff.Only stayed for two nights so did not use all amenities, but I would recommend for a city break. Was made to feel very welcome .
Pool was excellent very close to shopping center and sight seeing.I had a medical problem and was given a lot of help which is very important when traveling abroad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
TheMetHotelGM, General Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Met Hotel on your recent visit to Thessaloniki and for your recommendation.We are really delighted that our service met your expectations. I am really glad that you enjoyed our rooms and our pool and I am really glad our staff addressed your health issue very professional and with care. Being a frequent traveler myself I can understand how important is such an approach

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

To find a 5star hotel in Greece is not easy. The met is one for sure! Great rooms, pool, food and very nice, awake staff! 15 min walk to down town and they even offer a shuttle each hour! Prices are absolutly fair! Good place!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Met Hotel? Share your experiences!