I and my partner spend many week ends per year at the Met and it is our favorite way to recover from the working week! The hotel is excellent value for money and a real piece of art. Everything there is impeccable:
1) staff are professional, kind, they all speak a perfect English, and they have always accommodated all our needs. They are also very "pro-active" and really spoil us e.g. they noticed from my passport that I was there on my b-day and they sent a b-day cake to the room. I understand this is a habit for them - how about that?
2) Food is just amazing. The buffet breakfast is in a lovely, spacious and modern room. The food variety is almost overwhelming - you can also have freshly made eggs and omelets of an outstanding quality. When the season allows to do so, breakfast tables are also outside (internal courtyard) and it is very enjoyable. Many amazingly trained staff are there to please all your food requests, paying attention to details e.g. food allergies and special dietetic regimes. The Asian restaurant is indeed expensive BUT the quality of food, the atmosphere and the service make it worth. I highly recommend the whole baby-chicken. Room service is impeccable and the food quality is equally outstanding.
3) Rooms are just perfect. Modern, clean, with amazing bathrooms and lovely paintings/photos on the walls. The view may vary depending on the location but if you are lucky you can sea the old port - which is stunning. Beds are the most comfortable I have ever tried! Movie selection is good, though a little overpriced (some 10/15 EUR per movie).
4) The surroundings are per se nothing special BUT the unique industrial atmosphere makes it unique. Thanks to a free shuttle service provided by the hotel every 30 minutes, customers can reach the centre in max 10 minutes.
5) The hotel provides customers with a valet parking. It is indoor and not expensive - in fairness, I always get it for free due to my being a frequent customer so I cannot give more details about it. In any case, parking in Thessaloniki is hard and very expensive so go for it.
6) When the weather allows to do so (usually, from April to October) the roof swimming pool is a lovely place to be. It is relatively small but pleasant and the view on the city makes it even better.
7) Free gym and indoor swimming pool are good as well. Spa services are a little expensive but very good - I tired a stone massage and it was just perfect!
I highly recommend this hotel and I cannot wait to visiting it again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE MET HOTEL, a newly built, exquisite combination of unique location, modern architecture, high-end luxury, launches an avant-garde hospitality concept in the city of Thessaloniki. Experience deluxe hospitality in the city of Thessaloniki with our 212 stylish rooms and suites. Thirteen meeting rooms provide ample conference space in an ideal Thessaloniki location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Despegar.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Met Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.