“My bad impressions of Europa hotel :(” 1 of 5 stars

Europa Hotel
Egnatias & Leontos Sofou, 24, Thessaloniki 54625, Greece   |
Ranked #65 of 67 Hotels in Thessaloniki
Sofia
“My bad impressions of Europa hotel :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

I've just returned from a week in Europa hotel in Olympic Beach, (Olympiaki Akti) in Pieria, Greece and I would like to share my impressions in order that you find a better place for your holiday there, and believe me there are many better places.
LOCATION: The hotel is located on the main road to Katerini. Which, of course, makes it quite noisy. I asked the tour agent if it is noisy or not and they assured me that it was very peaceful and quite. No way! I wanted not to use air-conditioner (I don't like air-conditioners) but the endless roar of cars, buses and motos forced me to do so if I wanted to get some sleep at night.
HYGIENE: At extremely low level. When we moved in and the room was having a "clean room" leaflet on it, we saw so much dust and litter and hair and even pills under the beds! The bathroom was not cleaned at all - the shower area was full of sand and hair - not typical for a "just cleaned bathroom", huh? Some of the other tourists asked for mobs to clean the bathrooms themselves and the stuff just advised them to "take it easy" (?!) The linen was changed once during our stay there and the bathroom remained as dirty as it was.
AIR-CONDITIONER: It turned out that the manager of the hotel charges the guests for the air-conditioner depending on where they come from - if you come from one country you may be asked to pay the doubled fee for another country's residents. Yet, not receiving any kind of receipt for the money you've given.
THE APPLIANCES: The shower in our room was broken and despite my efforts to have it fixed it remained so till the end of our holiday. The first day the manager promised that he'll fix it in two days. And on the third day when I asked him again, he said that probably it won't get fixed until I am there. And all he had to do was to change a small thing, which I could have done myself if I had the utilities.
The air-conditioner was quite old, so when you switch it off it smelled awfully for a couple of minutes.
The sewage was not very reliable and you cannot take a shower if any of your neighbors is taking one too. The water suddenly stopped, or changed from icy to hot.
THE STAFF: The manager tried to be polite, sometimes, though he didn't actually do what he was there for. The rest was always angry at something, we never saw a smile.
THE FOOD: Extremely poor breakfast - bread, yellow cheese and 1 type of salami, and some cornflakes and jam. And for 2 days we were lucky enough to get eggs if we were among the first ones to go to breakfast. Ah, and i forgot the cake - sometimes we had cake too. The coffee was tasteless. And the orange juice was orange juice + water, turning into a yellow tasteless substance.
THE SWIMMING POOL: Very small one. I didn't use it.
THE ADVANTAGE: Very nice terrace with vineyard trees.
In short, I would never go back there again, taking in mind that there are much better hotels for the same money in Olympic Beach.

Business
  • Greek first

Been to Europa Hotel? Share your experiences!