“fun of Lucy Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Thessaloniki
“fun of Lucy Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

One of the Best view i have ever seen on sunrise was from Lucy Hotel.
Lucy Hotel is placed beside to a beautiful beach and a little marina.I suppose on summer the only you have is to put your sandal and in 3 minutes on foot...yes :-) clear blue sea!!!.
To those who want a fresh and clean hotel i sugges it.There is not doubt.
The staff is excelent especially the bar staff which was very friendly and helpful.Also, restaurant menu is delicious because of the Chef and the view from restaurant is graet.Room service is very very good.Anyway this summer i am going to be there due to hospitallity of hotel staff ...made me feel "home sweet home" !!!
See you there ;-)!!!
It 's worth it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

Great location. Not far from the city centre, on the beach.
The hotel has had a renovation last year, so it looks new and clean. Well, the surrounding grounds could use some extra work.
The rooms are rather small and they look clean and tidy. However, when I go to a 5star hotel, I expect some luxury. I had to forget it, as well as some not exactly luxurious things. There were no slippers, no shoe sponge, no bath robe, no welcome fruit, no chocolate on the pillows, no flowers, no designer cosmetics, no music system, no DVD player etc. Even the TV was ill functioning. I might be fussy, but I do get these things elsewhere when I spend my hard earned plastic money.
I can't really comment on the staff, as they were almost non existent. I didn't meet anyone outside the building, so I couldn't ask about the parking in the courtyard (it's free). At the reception desk there was a lady trying to do her best, but no bell boy. In the room I accidentally pressed the emergency call, but nobody showed up. At least during breakfast the lady who served that awful coffee was kind and helpful.
Which brings me to the best moments of my stay. Those were when I was having my breakfast in a rather small dining area with just four other people. I got a seat overlooking the sea and the island of Thassos. It was early, the sun was just rising, the water was calm, the view so nice and serene. The food was average, far from 5*, with no local flavour, but it didn't really matter to me. Luckily for the hotel, their buffet was saved by the view. It would surely be different with lots of people, during rush hour, seating away from the windows...
All in all an average, no frills 3* hotel. No, wait! It's a 5* hotel. I still can't believe it, as there are much better and cheaper 4* hotels. I don't intend to stay there again, unless they offer me a big discount - no, make that a really huge discount.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Lucy hotel is conveniently located about 10 min drive from the city center. ( enjoyable 30 min walk across the sea something I did every day). Direclty 50m after the hotel entrance there is a beautiful beach. Its renovated 2 or 3 years ago and looks fresh. The business center is just great and the rooms rather small and plain. Nevertheless, the combination of mattress, pillow and a/c, that have caused me many sleepless nights in various hotels, was close to perfection. Staff was great and restaurant with variety and tasty dishes. Wireless internet is provided free of charge at the lobby area and cable at the rooms.
A convenient hotel, close to the beach in a beautiful northen Greek city.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

Hey guys!
It was a big pleasure to celebrate the New 2010 in Lucy hotel! Thank you for the great view from our windows, the perfect service from everyone in your team, the amazingly tasty food and the fantastic mood what your team scattered all around so our visit was unforgettable.

Special thank to Mr. George Christofilogiannis, Sales Coordinator, for the great job he did so me and all my friends could come to this beautiful hotel! I didn't have so quick response of my e-mails for a very long time. You are very helpfull person! Cheers!

I am honoured to recommend your hotel to all my friends and colleagues.

Thank you again and wish you a very successful and a happy New Year!
Best regards,
the group from United Kingdom and Bulgaria

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

The location is perfect, as even if it is a city hotel it is surrounded by sea. It has just been renovated and turned into a five star hotel. Great style and design. The rooms are really nice and the hotel is perfect for seminars and other events, as it has several conference areas and an amazing, huge ball-room. The city is also very nice, especially the old town. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Zakynhtos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

I was suggested to visit the Lucy Hotel in Kavala from a fellow co-worker for a Business meeting. At first i was hesitant since i know its a new hotel and i didnt know if it was ready to meet my expectations for a business trip, but for my enjoyment also.
In my surprise everything went as smooth as it could get. As soon as i got in all my worries came to rest, the rooms were so clean and the stuff very helpfull to my demands. The dining room was very elegant for my meetings and so as the bar. The quality of the food and the drings were the one you would expect from a five star hotel.
Unfortunately i didnt had the chance to visit Kavala for sightseeing, but ill definitely visit again Lucy for my summer vacations.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
SOFIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

I visited the city of Kavala for a weekend with my wife and 2 children on November, I knew that in Kavala there are three nice hotels one of 4 stars, one of 5 stars and a boutique hotel that does not accept children. Not being able to decide in which hotel I should reserve a room I chose to go there visit the hotels and then make up my mind.

The first hotel I visited seemed to be ok, though the price given to me at the reception seemed to be expensive for the product offered. For this reason I decided to go and check out Lucy Hotel.

While approaching, the location of the hotel seemed to be appealing: next to the sea.

The very friendly receptionist made us feel welcomed from the first moment, she explained to us the various options the hotel could offer for accommodating me and my family and then a bell boy who spoke fluently Bulgarian offered to show us the rooms.

The rooms where spacious, with new furnishing, very large bathrooms, and breathtaking views of the sea and the port of the city, we decided to rent a junior suite, which by the way was offered to us at a special discounted rate.

The experience of stay was excellent, the friendly and well trained employees of the hotel made us feel welcomed all the time. While in the hotel, definitely have a drink in the bar (on the first night they had a DJ) and eat in the restaurant (excellent quality of food and at reasonable prices).

I will definitely visit the hotel again and especially in the summer (as explained by the staff their swimming pool and pool bar will be ready).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Lucy Hotel? Share your experiences!